Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    A certain engineer must not have any friends who raise their kids properly.

We are not surprised.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

'we'...do you actually have friend's outside of bible-study-class???

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    All this will "change" we "hope" when the ever so compassionate Socia, er Democrats get into office. So, don't worry, as it's already getting better at this moment. Utopia awaits.........
    Aren't Republicans supopose to be the party of family values and morals? Republicans had control of our government for however many years, and the problem hasn't improved any, if anything it's getting worse. The great Christian crusade that put Bush in office hasn't really done a whole lot. Preaching, but no action.

Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    Aren't Republicans supopose to be the party of family values and morals? Republicans had control of our government for however many years, and the problem hasn't improved any, if anything it's getting worse. The great Christian crusade that put Bush in office hasn't really done a whole lot. Preaching, but no action.
    And what have your beloved Dems done for you?
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    And what have your beloved Dems done for you?
    I've never claimed to be a democrat. I take the republican side on some issues. But really, for all the preaching the republicans do about family values and morals..what exactly have they done besides preach? As for what have democrats done for me..well my property tax bill was lower, thanks to the tax hungry democrats in the state legislature, and our tax hungry governor. And staying on topic..republicans in the state legislature wanted to cut off funding to nearly every free clinic in the state that offered birth control or gave info on abortion services. Nevermind that those clinics try to prevent teen pregnancies, and try to teach kids the benefits of abstinence. Thankfully Democrats control the state senate and we have a democratic governor, and sanity prevailed.

and try to teach kids the benefits of abstinence.
    And then give them a plethora of condoms.

Kinda like giving a gun to a paroled bank robber and telling him the benefits of not stealing.

Brilliant strategy.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    And then give them a plethora of condoms.

Kinda like giving a gun to a paroled bank robber and telling him the benefits of not stealing.

Brilliant strategy.
    Some kids are going to have sex, no matter what you tell them. If a kid has his or her mind made up that they're going to have sex, why not give them condoms so they can at least try to protect themselves? Or should we just tell them not to have sex and hope they listen, and not give them anything? Seems to me that strategy isn't working.

Yeah. Tell your child that. "You're gonna screw anyway. Here's a case of rubbers. Let's sit down and I'll show you how to use them."

If YOU don't have the intestinal fortitude to do that, then you shouldn't pawn it off on the government.

When someone makes mistakes, there's a penalty to pay.

Did you know that condoms do not prevent pregnancy? Says that right on the foil.

Bunch'a dummies trying to teach kids about sex.

God help us, indeed!

Proud member of KA Club

Yeah. Tell your child that. "You're gonna screw anyway. Here's a case of rubbers. Let's sit down and I'll show you how to use them."

If YOU don't have the intestinal fortitude to do that, then you shouldn't pawn it off on the government.

Did you know that condoms do not prevent pregnancy? Says that right on the foil.

God help us, indeed!
    It depends what the meaning of is....is.

God help us, indeed!
    Every condom wrapper i've read states they are 95% effective in preventing pregnancy. And because a kid has sex, they shouldn't be allowed to pretect themselves? They should have to pay the penalty of getting pregnant, or getting a std? Our government funds far worse things than free clinics. Maybe our schools should teach that all sex is bad, and it should only be done for reproduction between married people. Wait...our churches already teach that..and i've known a good number of kids raised in christian homes that had kids way before they were ready to.

Every condom wrapper i've read states they are 95% effective in preventing pregnancy. And because a kid has sex, they shouldn't be allowed to pretect themselves? They should have to pay the penalty of getting pregnant, or getting a std? Our government funds far worse things than free clinics. Maybe our schools should teach that all sex is bad, and it should only be done for reproduction between married people. Wait...our churches already teach that..and i've known a good number of kids raised in christian homes that had kids way before they were ready to.
    Kids from Christian homes make poor choices too. Many of these are from what I call pseudo-Christian homes, meaning parents who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. A good parent, Christian or otherwise, will lead by example and not by "do as I say-not what I do."

I do suspect that children raised in Christian homes where the parents walk the walk will have a better track record of staying out of trouble than kids from non-religious environments. But again, there's still no guarantee that the kids won't make poor choices. Having loving parents that involve themselves in their kids lives is probably the biggest factor, but when you combine that with Christian teachings it can sure raise the odds that a kid can have a happy and healthy life.

[Ken off soapbox/]

Every condom wrapper i've read states they are 95% effective in preventing pregnancy.

Then why are there so many pregnancies? Just because they aren't using condoms? You really believe that? Ya don't get 95% pregnant.

And because a kid has sex, they shouldn't be allowed to pretect themselves?

Heck, yes! Abstinence is very protective.

They should have to pay the penalty of getting pregnant, or getting a std? Our government funds far worse things than free clinics.

Yep. I'm anti-those, too. Don't take MY money to subsidize teen pleasure.

Maybe our schools should teach that all sex is bad, and it should only be done for reproduction between married people. Wait...our churches already teach that..

Damn, boy. What kinda freakin' church do you go to? They're teaching ya wrong, dude. Find another church.

...and i've known a good number of kids raised in christian homes that had kids way before they were ready to.

Yeah, so? They should face up to their responsibilities, too. I'm fair about it.

Proud member of KA Club

Every condom wrapper i've read states they are 95% effective in preventing pregnancy.

Then why are there so many pregnancies? Just because they aren't using condoms? You really believe that? Ya don't get 95% pregnant.

And because a kid has sex, they shouldn't be allowed to pretect themselves?

Heck, yes! Abstinence is very protective.

They should have to pay the penalty of getting pregnant, or getting a std? Our government funds far worse things than free clinics.

Yep. I'm anti-those, too. Don't take MY money to subsidize teen pleasure.

Maybe our schools should teach that all sex is bad, and it should only be done for reproduction between married people. Wait...our churches already teach that..

Damn, boy. What kinda freakin' church do you go to? They're teaching ya wrong, dude. Find another church.

...and i've known a good number of kids raised in christian homes that had kids way before they were ready to.

Yeah, so? They should face up to their responsibilities, too. I'm fair about it.
    I don't go to church for one. Kids get told over and over not to have sex, and all it does is get a lot of kids more interested in it. And when they're taught at the same time that birth control is evil..well..they get pregnant. And yes, I do believe that condoms are 95% effective in preventing pregnancy when they are used correctly. I've never gotten any one pregnant, and i've used well over 100 of them. And you don't seem to get the point about the abstinence issue..yes, abstinence is the most effective way to prevent pregnancy..but SOME KIDS WILL WILL HAVE SEX NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY'RE TOLD NOT TO. So why not teach them how to protect themselves when they do. It's not Christian like? All the more reason to do it in my opinion. As for your tax dollars supporting free clinics..well..our government wastes your tax dollars on a lot worse things.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast