Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Good God, help us...

A school nurse told me yesterday that a 12 year old student at her school is pregnant....

and the student's mom is elated!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

sad, very sad
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Doubt God will help much.... I hope she has a strong ,loving family....

I think you know my feelings on this subject already Len.. Has the father graduated from Jr. high yet....

A few years ago we took in a neighborhood teen girl while her druggie mom was in jail. Her mom had her first kid at 12. Her mom's mom had her at 12. Hopefully the two years Julie spent with us broke the cycle, she's 20 and married and last I heard no kids yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post
    Doubt God will help much.... I hope she has a strong ,loving family....

I think you know my feelings on this subject already Len.. Has the father graduated from Jr. high yet....
    I don't know any details but I suspect Mom is on the dole...so much per mouth from the state. Really jacks my jaws. Mom happy her daughter's life is ruined for a buck. She oughta be shot and fed to the worms.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    A few years ago we took in a neighborhood teen girl while her druggie mom was in jail. Her mom had her first kid at 12. Her mom's mom had her at 12. Hopefully the two years Julie spent with us broke the cycle, she's 20 and married and last I heard no kids yet.
    Sometimes all a person needs is direction, ya know?

Proud member of KA Club

Such a very sad situation. Ignorance must play a large part. Fortunately none of my nieces (22, 18. 16, 14, 13 and 9) have fallen into that situation. The older ones have gotten into some situations to give their parents cause for alarm but nothing as serious to the rest of their lives as that. And I must think now that we've been blessed to be spared that. (You don't think these things until something like that comes to light)
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

gee, I hope her brother isn't the father
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Naw, it isn't West Virginia! (Did I say that out loud? Oh Lord forgive me)
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Besides, the appropriate way to state that would have been:

I hope the baby's Uncle isn't the baby's father.

Right?

doub;e
    Last edited by glennac; 03-01-2008 at 12:55 AM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

http://scienceroll.com/2006/12/09/th...t-mother-ever/

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

The youngest mother on record was a Peruvian mother who gave birth at 5 years. 7 months and 21 days in May 1939. Unbelievable
    Last edited by glennac; 03-01-2008 at 12:53 AM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

My wife started her nursing career in Labor and Delivery. There would be girls as young as 10 years old coming in to deliver babies. Had trouble figuring out how a 10 year old girl could get pregnant, not the mechanical aspect but the physiological aspect. I was told that the growth hormones used to get cattle ready for market were having a similar effect on humans, they sorta grow up faster and this is a result.
    The most disconcerting delivery I learned about was a 20 something girl who, after the birth, asked the nurses "where did that come from"?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Im not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast