Thread: Permatron Dust eater filter ?

Post Likes

Permatron Dust eater filter ?

I got new furnace and heat pump three weeks ago came with the dust eater filter have a goodman GMV950905DX furnace and 4 ton heat pump.There the filter fits in the duct there is a little play and I pushed the filter back so i could feel how much the air was pushing on the filter felt like a lot to me the blower on high speed for sure wonder if I should try a different filter its a 20x24x1

Post Likes
    What size is the filter?

I looked up that filter online, they make 2 kinds, the Dust Eater, and the Dust Eater Easy Flow.

Their marketing stuff makes them sound pretty good, but their "low" pressure drop numbers are for a 300 fpm air velocity.
    For the type of filter they are, the pressure drop they claim isn't to bad, assuming you have enough filter surface area.
    Their test numbers were basically with having 1200 CFM through a 25x25 filter. Your system is trying to move significantly more air, through a significantly smaller filter.

Since you only have a 20x24 filter, the velocity of the air hitting the filter is well above what they get their "low" pressure drop numbers at.

You probably need to get that thing out of there.
    Last edited by mark beiser; 02-29-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Post Likes
    20x24x1

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in