Advice from Lennox Rep

Can you tell me if the Lennox ComfortSense 7000 will do everything that the Honeywell IAQ will do? Am pretty sure I will be getting the XP19 with matching air handler but contractor would rather use the Lennox thermostat.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lennox View Post
    Can you tell me if the Lennox ComfortSense 7000 will do everything that the Honeywell IAQ will do? Am pretty sure I will be getting the XP19 with matching air handler but contractor would rather use the Lennox thermostat.
    We've not installed one yet, but the ComfortSense is supposed to have even more functionality - I can email you the engineering docs on it if you'd like to read a little more about it.

Our regional rep says it controls the staging even better, but without first hand experience it is hard to say.

PM me if you would like some reading material.

Can you post a link to the info? The competition wants to see what you Dave fans are up to too

I emailed you a pdf file that I received from contractor this evening. Could not figure out how to post it.

I have installed the XP19 with the CBX32MV fan coil.
    and controlling it with the Lennox 51m37 stat.

One thing the book doesn't tell you is, there is an outside air sensor that will over ride the stat if the temps get below 40*.
    You can pick with dip switches outside what temp the sensor starts to overide.
    40*, 45,50,55,
    Once it hits the mark the staging of the stat will jump from stage 1 to stage 2 almost right away.

The defrost termination had to be switched for my area of the world.
    The only trouble he has had to this point was they used a snapdisc switch to monitor the high side temp. The switch failed pretty quick.
    the replace ment switch is a thermal sensor not a snapdisc.

But they are nice units.
    installers need to read the book real well to make sure they make all the changes in th eairhandler that should be made.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Would it be possible to for me to get a copy of that Comfortsense PDF as well?