Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OK so here I am a registered Republican living in Ohio, I am very disappointed AGAIN that the best my party can come up with is an old Senator with a liberal voting record and no clue as to how Conservatives are supposed to govern.
    If you think that's bad, try being a southern conservative Democrat with your choices being Hillary or Obama! The Democratic party could try eenie meenie minie mo & come up with a lot better choices! I figure McCain has a better shot against Hillary as has been mentioned, but I'd rather take a whooping than vote for either one of my choices!

What the HELL is a conservative Democrat; oh yea that would be McCain/Giuliani. In fact today almost any Republican from the northeast would fit that term. Better still a strong case could be made that there are no real conservatives in national public office.

No for real conservative and Democrat are not compatible terms how can you reconcile that statement.

The problem with voting for Hillary is that I think a lot of people under estimate the popularity of her husband. If she gets the nomination, McCain is actually running against both Clintons, granted she is a very polarizing person but her husband for some reason I cant understand is fairly popular in this country and I can see a lot of people voting for her as a vote him, does that make any sense?
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

It does except that many feel that the reason for Hillary's decline has been due to Billie boy's campaigning. His attacks on Obama have alienated many Obama supporters and hopefully they will transfer to McCain and not the Clintons.

Classical;
    A conservative Democrat is more or less just a southerner from what some folk's refer to as the Bible Belt. In the old day's you regsitered Dem or Rep just because your parent's were. That's just the way it was. Party doesn't mean a thing around here unless you happen to be a fanatic & they can be found anywhere. Here in NC the majority by far are registered Democrat's, but the only Dem I can remember carrying our state was Carter & my Mom chewed me out for voting against him because he was a good old southern boy.

To give you a better idea of where I'm coming from The Honorable Senator Jesse Helm's was the Senator from my district untill he had to retire due to health reason's. 75% Democrat's & he almost alway's won by a landslide. I know you're old enough to remember how much the liberal's hated him, & Newt is a moderate compared to Jesse, but he stood for southern conservative Democrat's.

Makes a lot of sence huh? LOL

During breakfast this morning I mentioned to the better half that I may vote for Hillary in the primary. She looked at me like I had lost my mind. When I explained that I thought McCain would have a better shot against her than Obama she just shook her head & said I could vote for her if I wanted to, but she coulden't because she's evel so she will sit out the primary.
    Last edited by model m-man; 03-01-2008 at 02:38 PM.

The South used to be 100% Democrat. LBJ stirred the pot with his Great Society (immigration opened up to the whole world not just Europe, massive welfare, AA in hiring and promotion, and taking away the powers of the states to set standards for voting, etc). A lot of Republicans started getting elected then especially after the old time conservative Southern Democrats retired and left the seat vacant. The few remaining White Southern Democrats are generally more conservative than the mainstream of the Democratic Party. Carter more or less drove a stake into the heart of what was left of the "Dixiecrat's". Anyhow that is history now. The last Democrat I voted for was back in the 80's for the county chairman. He was a old line conservative Democrat who was a veteran of WWII and support the Vietnam war and didn't like spending money or higher taxes. He passed away and a conservative Republican was elected. Oh well so much for history.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    What the HELL is a conservative Democrat; oh yea that would be McCain/Giuliani. In fact today almost any Republican from the northeast would fit that term. Better still a strong case could be made that there are no real conservatives in national public office.

No for real conservative and Democrat are not compatible terms how can you reconcile that statement.
    Zell Miller, Joe Lieberman are conservativ Democrats. More so than the current administration
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Agreed
    Agreed.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    The Obama Zombie nation may be hard to beat. But when they wake up the day after the election, it's too late to change your mind. Sad to say, McCain is all we got right now.
    Yep. so please vote for hillery McCaine can beat her.Obama?
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

The smell of change is in the air.... Hold on to your wallet
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

how many times are you guys going to keep trying to walk though walls before you use the door?

Hillary has campaigned for some of the largest back-stabbing laws that have ever been passed.
    jobs are being lost right now as we speak to NAFTA and GATT

Obama always votes along party lines, which means he WOULD have voting for all the same crap if he was there.

McCain is an anti-2nd-Amendment politician, and possibly, this is the first time in modern political history the biggest liberal in the race is running as a Republican.

...all of them support China.

...the public has no voice in this election.

if you vote democrat or republican , you'll be throwing your vote away.

you vote for the lesser evil , i'll vote for the no evil.

Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    The smell of change is in the air.... Hold on to your wallet

...as if my wallet isn't taking a beating already? give me a break

Well I just got home from the polls and for the first time in my life I asked for a democratic ballot, after much thought and discussion among many people including you guys that have posted in this thread, I proudly cast my ballot for Hillary.

My wife voted for the Huckster, It was kind of funny when the poll workers asked me which ballot I wanted I was kind of letting on about switching to the Democrats this time and the one girl said something like just this time but not in November and we laughed. They were telling me that there had been quite a number of people doing the same thing so it should be interesting.

About the only downfall for me was that I didnt get to vote for some young kid running for county commissioner, the old incumbent has been around forever and needs to go but thats the way it goes.

Well we have to wait and see if I made a huge mistake or not, I have a bad feeling that the McCain run is going to crash and burn like Bob Dole did in 96, either way I am looking towards 2012 and maybe then we can get a real Republican to vote for.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast