Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    As an owner, the best thing for me is to get a simple letter of thanks, and prompt payment. Each time I get a letter like that, I make sure the tech sees it in front of at least one of his peers. These guys really are throw backs for the most part and do this work because they like it, they like the "boys club", and they like helping others. This is mostly true no matter where you go in the industry. The guys may or may not get a littyle something extra, that depends, but it usually allows us to get in doors we dont normally even knock on. Referrel is the BEST form of advertising, and as previously stated dont be afraid to tell the world how you were helped, and when giving referrels, tell your friends to mention you when they call. We appreciate that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    I wrote a letter to the Better Business Bureau on how wonderful this heating and air conditioning company was that came over to service my system last month. They were honest, quick to get it fixed and went way over and above for me.

I got an e-mail back from the BBB and they said thanks for writing the letter and how rare it was for them to ever get letter of appreciation for a company. They also said they give out a Torch Award each Fall to different companies in regards to the business size and they are submitting them in for the award.

I also got a call from the business to thank me for the letter. They also said that BBB called them and wanted to drop by for a visit. I have no idea what they will do when visiting, but I'm glad that the BBB did something to acknowledge them also.

Oh well, I just thought that was pretty cool.
    It was nice of you to tell the BBB, but a lot of average people don't realize that the BBB is actually a profit making company. They're going to drop by the contractor and use that as a selling tool to try to sign him up. If he doesn't sign up, I doubt if he'll get that tourch award.
    "Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    It was nice of you to tell the BBB, but a lot of average people don't realize that the BBB is actually a profit making company. They're going to drop by the contractor and use that as a selling tool to try to sign him up. If he doesn't sign up, I doubt if he'll get that tourch award.
    No truer words spoken. They even resort to telemarketing techniques to recruit new members.

The pitch goes something like this "Hello, this is Joe Smith from your local BBB and we have been getting inquires from people who were considering doing businesss with you." Try to pry a name of who called them and they have no answer.

Sorry, I know it's off topic but it's worth mentioning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123