Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks guys for the great ideas. I especially liked the suggestion of writing the owners a letter and telling them they can use me as a reference. I will also definitely be telling them that I will be recommending them to everyone I know and I will.

From the time I contacted them, they had me taken care of in less than a week. They ordered the part right away and installed it the day it arrived.

I believe in Karma and I think they need to have some good Karma come back to them.

Have any of you ever heard of Yelp.com. Someone mentioned that to me. You can go on there and write a review of a company?

Someone also suggested "Angie's List" - it's a directory of services recommended by consumers/customers. I'd never heard of that either.

I just wondered how much traffic these places get, but maybe I'll give those places a try too.

I'll have to ask them for business cards too. I didn't think of that.

Thanks again for the great ideas.

And even people you don't know. Stop people on the street. Wear a place card and walk up and down the sidewalk in the middle of town.

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    And even people you don't know. Stop people on the street. Wear a place card and walk up and down the sidewalk in the middle of town.
    Well I don't know about all that. Let's not go overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Well I don't know about all that. Let's not go overboard.
    Then I guess you wouldn't go for my other idea of renting a billboard on the interstate.

Someone also suggested "Angie's List" - it's a directory of services recommended by consumers/customers. I'd never heard of that either.
    Angie's list is becoming one of the best consumer feedback website's out there. We have had many referrals from happy customers like you who's reviews lead to many more sales. It's great of you to offer to promote your HVAC company! I wish more people would take the time to thank contractors who perform above and beyond the customer's expectations and share their experiences with the public.

tanks for your kind words i do get kind of word from customer because i am more incline in fireplace stove insert .....

its a luxury and people are not seeing it as unplanned expense because it was plan ahead but there is always the one calling you for estimate and not knowing nothing and they think its just a matter of doing a hole in the wall slapping the fireplace on the ground with a gas line sorry but it those not happen this way and will never will from my part or my dad
    our companies is not even in the phone book its from mouth to hear it must be a good since we are still in business after 13 years.

we are license insure good pointer for looking for contractor are you insure because around here its common no insurance

we need you to promote us as we are pro and not all of us are hack and customer need
    to be more aware there is crook in all domain sorry to say

I was in a predictament and I found a small family owned business that went to bat for me and was quick to get me fixed up with my heat. They went over and beyond.

I want to do something to show my appreciation. I am probably writing a letter to the editor of the local paper and write a letter to the BBB. It's rare to find this kind of customer service and I'm so thankful.

So my question to you guys that are in the business. What is it that a customer could do that you would appreciate?

I thought maybe some of you would come up with an idea I hadn't considered...maybe something someone did for you that you appreciated.

Ok, and let's keep it clean. lol
    I remember your posts from this site as well as the other site. I'm happy to hear that you didn't give up and it worked out for you.

Take care.

best way to show your appreciation is to tell others how pleased you are with the service and professionalism they provided for you.
    tell the people you work with ,your neighbors ,

Quote Originally Posted by the_beast View Post
    tanks for your kind words i do get kind of word from customer because i am more incline in fireplace stove insert .....

its a luxury and people are not seeing it as unplanned expense because it was plan ahead but there is always the one calling you for estimate and not knowing nothing and they think its just a matter of doing a hole in the wall slapping the fireplace on the ground with a gas line sorry but it those not happen this way and will never will from my part or my dad
    our companies is not even in the phone book its from mouth to hear it must be a good since we are still in business after 13 years.

we are license insure good pointer for looking for contractor are you insure because around here its common no insurance

we need you to promote us as we are pro and not all of us are hack and customer need
    to be more aware there is crook in all domain sorry to say
    Hey Bob, looks like you got a new suspect

I was in a predictament and I found a small family owned business that went to bat for me and was quick to get me fixed up with my heat. They went over and beyond.

I want to do something to show my appreciation. I am probably writing a letter to the editor of the local paper and write a letter to the BBB. It's rare to find this kind of customer service and I'm so thankful.

So my question to you guys that are in the business. What is it that a customer could do that you would appreciate?

I thought maybe some of you would come up with an idea I hadn't considered...maybe something someone did for you that you appreciated.

Ok, and let's keep it clean. lol
    Tell everyone you know about the good service you recieved.

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    Hey Bob, looks like you got a new suspect
    is this post for me ? lol

let me no if I'm wrong i will fix it if i no

A Thank you letter to the company and stating you wouldn't mind being a customer reference for the company.

That is GOLD to any company!
    Reputation is Everything!

I wrote a letter to the Better Business Bureau on how wonderful this heating and air conditioning company was that came over to service my system last month. They were honest, quick to get it fixed and went way over and above for me.

I got an e-mail back from the BBB and they said thanks for writing the letter and how rare it was for them to ever get letter of appreciation for a company. They also said they give out a Torch Award each Fall to different companies in regards to the business size and they are submitting them in for the award.

I also got a call from the business to thank me for the letter. They also said that BBB called them and wanted to drop by for a visit. I have no idea what they will do when visiting, but I'm glad that the BBB did something to acknowledge them also.

Oh well, I just thought that was pretty cool.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast