Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What can a customer do to show appreciation and thanks.

I was in a predictament and I found a small family owned business that went to bat for me and was quick to get me fixed up with my heat. They went over and beyond.

I want to do something to show my appreciation. I am probably writing a letter to the editor of the local paper and write a letter to the BBB. It's rare to find this kind of customer service and I'm so thankful.

So my question to you guys that are in the business. What is it that a customer could do that you would appreciate?

I thought maybe some of you would come up with an idea I hadn't considered...maybe something someone did for you that you appreciated.

Ok, and let's keep it clean. lol

if he pays me I'm a happy camper!

If I were in business, all I'd ask from you is to tell everyone that matters to you how pleased you were with the service you received. In your case, the person or company that treated you so well laid the ground for the best form of advertisement there is...word of mouth. Now go tell it on the mountain!

Well then, I'm on top of the game. I did that. I paid with a good check.

Do you guys actually have a lot of people not pay?

Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Well then, I'm on top of the game. I did that. I paid with a good check.

Do you guys actually have a lot of people not pay?

thats what gave birth to small claims court

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    If it was an employee,make sure the owner knows.

For the company,ask for business cards,and hand them out ,with your story!

Speaking of story,can we hear it?

If you haven't written the company a nice letter, do it. Tell them in your own words how happy you are with their service, and that you will recommend them to everyone you know, and then do it. If you want to go one step further, you can tell them they can give your email address to anyone who wants it, and you will give them a glowing reference. If they have a web site, give them permission to put your letter on their web site. And remember, everyone makes mistakes, so if they screw up down the road, give them a second and maybe even a third chance.

Most people pay their bill, but some don't. Getting a pat on the back and a nice thank you means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Speaking of story,can we hear it?
    Here's most of the story, I assume it had a happy ending.

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...=162882&page=7

How about flowers?

How about flowers and candy? Just kidding.
    I did get a fifth of Captain Morgans Spiced Rum from one customer.

But a nice letter to the Company is good also like Bobb25 said.

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    If you haven't written the company a nice letter, do it. Tell them in your own words how happy you are with their service, and that you will recommend them to everyone you know, and then do it. If you want to go one step further, you can tell them they can give your email address to anyone who wants it, and you will give them a glowing reference. If they have a web site, give them permission to put your letter on their web site. And remember, everyone makes mistakes, so if they screw up down the road, give them a second and maybe even a third chance.

Most people pay their bill, but some don't. Getting a pat on the back and a nice thank you means a lot.

Absolutely..........The boss man will see again who is making him look good. Always nice to be appreciated. The techs/installers will remember that also. When times may get slow, they will probably not be the ones to go home that day..
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

I like when the HO calls me back after a few days of using the equipment and tells me how much they like their new equipment and that it works well. Ask for business cards and distribute them to family and friends and co workers. I am a one man show and I do it all service and install so when a customer praises me it leaves a good feeling inside me. All the referralls you can give is greatly appreciated. Send that letter to the company like someone else said. Tell them they can use you as a referral.

And I like Dash's suggestion of the business cards, especially if the guy works local and can hand them out at work.

tell everyone you know......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast