Confused Bryant Evolution Control Problem

Just had the 286a evolution HP installed. I have the control set on 70 and I find that the unit runs for a long time once it hits 70 and once it does turn off, it will come on again even before the temp falls below 70 degrees. I do not have it programmed so the hold feature is not relevant. The first stage of the heat pump did not seem to heat at all so I have locked it out at 55 degrees and below. How do I get the control to drop the normal 1 or 2 degree before it comes on again so the unit does not run as much? This was the first system my installer has put in and has not had the training on it yet.

Most people don't want the temp of their house dropping 1 - 2 degrees, that's why all these digital stats maintain such a tight spread. One of the Infinity/Evolution fans will have to tell you if you can change yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    Just had the 286a evolution HP installed. I have the control set on 70 and I find that the unit runs for a long time once it hits 70 and once it does turn off, it will come on again even before the temp falls below 70 degrees. I do not have it programmed so the hold feature is not relevant. The first stage of the heat pump did not seem to heat at all so I have locked it out at 55 degrees and below. How do I get the control to drop the normal 1 or 2 degree before it comes on again so the unit does not run as much? This was the first system my installer has put in and has not had the training on it yet.
    Your system is probably functioning as designed. A constant run time on first stage would be normal. Your Tstat does not show you 1/10 of degrees as it is measuring. As long as first stage is maintaining heat gain your long run times would be normal.

Two stage systems will by design run longer. Operating on low stage will more closely match the heat loss/gain of the house and make the unit run longer but it will cost less to operate and make the house more comfortable by NOT letting it vary from setpoint. The Evolution uses a algorithym to decide when to cut on or off so it varies depending on how long the system has been off, outside temperature, and difference from setpoint. But at no times will it be more than 1/2 of a degree.

As to the display, maybe this will help explain the reading:

You will probably notice as the Infinity/Evolution control is working that the room temperatue display does not change very often. This is by design. The actual display you see is a number that has been rounded toward the set point. The actual temperature the control uses in its electronics is broken down into sixteenths of a degree. So at times you will notice that equipment is operating, yet the display matches the set point. For example, a display of 70F could actually be 69.1 thru 70.9.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

Quote Originally Posted by plain spoken View Post
    Two stage systems will by design run longer. Operating on low stage will more closely match the heat loss/gain of the house and make the unit run longer but it will cost less to operate and make the house more comfortable by NOT letting it vary from setpoint. The Evolution uses a algorithym to decide when to cut on or off so it varies depending on how long the system has been off, outside temperature, and difference from setpoint. But at no times will it be more than 1/2 of a degree.

As to the display, maybe this will help explain the reading:

You will probably notice as the Infinity/Evolution control is working that the room temperatue display does not change very often. This is by design. The actual display you see is a number that has been rounded toward the set point. The actual temperature the control uses in its electronics is broken down into sixteenths of a degree. So at times you will notice that equipment is operating, yet the display matches the set point. For example, a display of 70F could actually be 69.1 thru 70.9.
    Good job!