+ Reply to Thread

Thread: StatusEffect for Bound label Binding

Post Likes

StatusEffect for Bound label Binding

I have installed a normally open contact, water sensor in a drip pan above a drop ceiling in a tenants suite. We have had water leaking into there suite in the past. The water sensor is pulled to a controller on our network. My question is related to PX graphics, specifically Status effect for a bound label binding. I would like the background color to be green if the sensor is normal and the contact is open. I would like the background to go red if the contact closes and there is water detected. I have not been able to determine how to do this. I am using a Boolean Point with the facets being trueText=Water_Detected,falseText=Normal. As the attached pictures show, the 0 input (normal) has a null background the 1 input (water detected ) has a green background. What I would like is the 0 input (normal) to have a green background and the 1 input (water detected) to have a red background.
    I have played around with the spectrum binding with no success. Is there a way to change the status effect to go red with an input of 1 (contact closure) and go green with an input of 0 (open contact)?

Much Thanks!

N.R.Name:  Boundlabel BindingNormal.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  188.3 KBName:  bound_label_binding_water_detected.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  214.7 KB
    “Automation may be a good thing, but don’t forget that it began with Frankenstein.” – Anonymous

Post Likes
    Should be as simple as animating the background property of the bound label, right click on it, choose animate, choose boolean to simple, choose colors for True and false.

Kevin

EDIT: if you have more than one binding you will need to select the right one. Delete your Spectrum binding

Also you could put a change of state alarm on the boolean point, it would then turn Red when in alarm if status effect is set to color or color and blink.

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Awesome! Thanks klrogers!
    “Automation may be a good thing, but don’t forget that it began with Frankenstein.” – Anonymous

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in