flow valve fake out

the return pipe on the peerless water boiler system I have goes from hot to warm to cool sometimes for a little while, which in turn causes the forced hot air to be warm to less warm to coolish. The circulator lights are on and the circulator seems like it's running. However, when I tap lightly on the Taco 218 Flow valve with a small hammer all around...I can get the water to flow after a while and return to hot. This lasts a while then the process starts again. I don't ever remember this happening before. I tried backing out the thumb screw for constant 'open'...it helped a little but still things don't seem quite right. Could it be something else like the thermostat, or some other issue. The blower seems to be running more than normal.

Bob

Could be a circ. pump, but working on boiler systems should be left to pros.

Several possibilities.
    Call your service company. They can trouble shoot it, and fix it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

flow valve fake out - revisited

it seems that backing out the thumb screw temporarily fixed the problem. We're getting warm air now. I realize this could be due to gravity and the density difference between hotter and cooler water. So, it may still be the circulator ?? But not sure ....

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by physics View Post
    the return pipe on the peerless water boiler system I have goes from hot to warm to cool sometimes for a little while, which in turn causes the forced hot air to be warm to less warm to coolish. The circulator lights are on and the circulator seems like it's running. However, when I tap lightly on the Taco 218 Flow valve with a small hammer all around...I can get the water to flow after a while and return to hot. This lasts a while then the process starts again. I don't ever remember this happening before. I tried backing out the thumb screw for constant 'open'...it helped a little but still things don't seem quite right. Could it be something else like the thermostat, or some other issue. The blower seems to be running more than normal.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Several possibilities.
    Call your service company. They can trouble shoot it, and fix it.
    This is the best advice you could get. In the long run your comfort will be improved and the system will run less resulting in lower utility costs.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas