Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Leave unit as it is.
    Set new unit on top of it,
    cut lineset repipe to new unit. Same with electric.

Bodda bing,
    now it's where you can work on it in the future.
    Til the brick layer adds to the wall.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Well its not installed correctly to begin with. So say you cut it loose, turn it, do the repair and re-install it. It still has the airflow problem. Well now you just married it because you were the last one out there. So now they call you out because "it doesnt cool like it did before." I hate customers like that. They want to be comfortable, but they dont want to see it, and dont care about the person who has to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AMS481 View Post
    I hate customers like that. They want to be comfortable, but they dont want to see it, and dont care about the person who has to work on it.
    People like that make me so mad that I can not see straight.I really get p*ssed on calls like this.But this is a commercial job,and the brick wall was added later.I am glad that I refused to work on it,and would do it over again the sameway.I just did not want to be married to this f**k up situation.

At least you got a cool boss that stands behind you when you find crap like that.

I've gone through a few that would expect you to fix it. And if you sold them a new one, they'd have the installers put it right back how it was before!

Is that job visable form the street where you could snoop next time you drove by and see if it looks like it had been fixed by another co.?
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Quote Originally Posted by PaysonHVAC View Post
    At least you got a cool boss that stands behind you when you find crap like that.

I've gone through a few that would expect you to fix it. And if you sold them a new one, they'd have the installers put it right back how it was before!

Is that job visable form the street where you could snoop next time you drove by and see if it looks like it had been fixed by another co.?
    I should hope that my boss would stand behind me,he is my dad.He knows that when I say not going to happen,their is a very good reason for it.

That wall is facing the street and about a day later I was on that road,and I saw about 3 vans of one of my competition over there and I laughed and said to myself good luck.

Oh yeah Payson,I got an hacked unit that I believe that might even got all of yours beat.I got the pics for it and I have been saven it for just the right occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by kneehigh View Post
    I'm not trying to argue with anyone. Is my idea really that outrageous? I understand that you probably don't have the manufactures clearances any more around the outdoor coil. I just dont think that the repair would be that difficult. I work on commercial HVAC/r so I dont have to deal with home owners. I suppose I just like helping out the customer as much as possible. Can you guys explain why I'm wrong. Thank You
    Would you hire a crane to rig rooftop units into the parking lot so it would be easier to work on?
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

Dude really dont compare apples and oranges. Your analogy makes no sense. Is it really that difficult to twist the unit 90 or 180 degrees really give me a break.

Apples to Oranges? how bout same situation, customer buy's new sandwitch prep table and no A/C in kitchen and the call comes in August 5th, 90F outside and 110F in kitchen

Problem: Not cooling= Show customer sticker on inside of unt that states
    "This unit is not designed to operate in an ambient above 80F"

(or something close to that, you know what I mean )

Tell customer, Install A/c in kitchen then I'll work on it. Right now you voided the warranty, here's my bill have a nice day!

Sorry but that kind of stupidity,building a brick wall that close to an A/C condensing unit is inexcusable.

Tear the wall down and deal with the noise/eyesore or "Be warm"

Been doin this almost 20 years and it seems people are gettin stupider by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by kneehigh View Post
    Dude really dont compare apples and oranges. Your analogy makes no sense. Is it really that difficult to twist the unit 90 or 180 degrees really give me a break.
    give you a break?? not on that comment. besides just how do you intend to diagnose the SOV without the system running? and there isn't even enough room in there to properly recover the system and cut the lineset to remove the unit to work on it. if your looking a job in eastern NC give me a shout!! cause i got some really cool spaces you can work in!! or maybe you can check out those roof top package units in AZ!! yeah i wouldn't work on them either!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1dSXI8jmS8
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    give you a break?? not on that comment. besides just how do you intend to diagnose the SOV without the system running? and there isn't even enough room in there to properly recover the system and cut the lineset to remove the unit to work on it. if your looking a job in eastern NC give me a shout!! cause i got some really cool spaces you can work in!! or maybe you can check out those roof top package units in AZ!! yeah i wouldn't work on them either!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1dSXI8jmS8
    Beachtech,you mean to tell me that you have hack jobs down in NH co. I thought that the inspection dept. has about put that to a hault.I have heard horror stories about doing work in and around Wilmington.

not everybody pulls permits.

but yeah the inspections dept. here are the nazi's of HVAC, can i say that? really i am not exagerating!! lead installers have to have a journey mans card, and one card holder per 6 workers. so he can have 5 helpers under him. and more than X number on the job and you have to have a license on the job! we have to meet them on every final and help them up ladders and turn on lights for them and lay out the red carpet!! on package systems you have to leave one side off of the hood so they can see the duct connections and make sure that the ducts aren't on the ground and that there is a sill plate and the ducts have to be wrapped in 8mil plastic!! i can go on if you like
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

And that is why I am going to keep my arse in G-ville area,I don't do well with inspectors like that.Honestly,we for the most part we have some really good inspectors around here now.There are some of them everywhere of course,but most of them have common sense/are easy to work with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast