Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone want to change an reversing valve in this one?

Saw this sometime ago and laughed when I was told that was the unit I was called out for.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/ChrLBran...ey=IcPIehwIef0
    I told them to take the wall down and then I would work on it,have not been back yet and don't care to.Should have been the unit next to it in the last pic and I would have worked on it.

How the hell do you even diagnose a faulty reversing valve on that nightmare.

It would be more cost effective to just sel them a new one, and make sure you have an accesible access door.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.

I am glad I wasn't on that call. So what did you ended up doing and how did you get in there?

Never mind I didn't get pass the pics to read on. Bad air distribution also

I refused to work on it,I'm guessing that it was the RV.I told them to call me when the wall is down.I have not been back yet so I guess that they got some sucker to work on it.I point blank refused to and to my boss no along with the customer.Boss agreed with me 100%

Its not the customers fault that its so close to the wall. Recover gas cut the line set and disconnect power. Move the unit and now u have as much room as u want. That would take an hour extra at the most including the two couplings? That would be fustrating but very feasable.

Quote Originally Posted by kneehigh View Post
    Its not the customers fault that its so close to the wall. Recover gas cut the line set and disconnect power. Move the unit and now u have as much room as u want. That would take an hour extra at the most including the two couplings? That would be fustrating but very feasable.
    Recover, cut the unit free and move it, level pad, add piping, evacuate, rewire, put back the refrigerant that was reclaimed....

All in an hour?

Guess it depends on what corners are cut....

Actually it is their fault.They told the brick contractor to put it as close to the unit as they could.Also they did not want me to move the unit,wanted me to work on it as it was.Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by neophytes serendipity View Post
    Recover, cut the unit free and move it, level pad, add piping, evacuate, rewire, put back the refrigerant that was reclaimed....

All in an hour?

Guess it depends on what corners are cut....
    I think you misunderstood me? I said an hour extra. No extra piping needed, cut the pipe rotate the unit for access. Perform reversing valve repair. Rotate back to original location add one coupling per line and rewire. Now you would pressure test and evacuate. Thats what I meant.

I think you misunderstood me? I said an hour extra. No extra piping needed, cut the pipe rotate the unit for access. Perform reversing valve repair. Rotate back to original location add one coupling per line and rewire. Now you would pressure test and evacuate. Thats what I meant.
    You`re kidding.........Right?
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjames View Post
    You`re kidding.........Right?
    I think I would have take our basic price, trippled it and taken the time needed to do it right. Doing it right would probably be replacing the system. I don't like replacing reversing valves to start with. Dealing with idiots carrys a special, double price tag. Want to watch? That's triple. Want to help? That's quadruple and the client has to warrant the work him/herself. The amount of work I'm willing to put in on a job like that is inversely proportional to the amount of work I have for the day.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Confused

I'm not trying to argue with anyone. Is my idea really that outrageous? I understand that you probably don't have the manufactures clearances any more around the outdoor coil. I just dont think that the repair would be that difficult. I work on commercial HVAC/r so I dont have to deal with home owners. I suppose I just like helping out the customer as much as possible. Can you guys explain why I'm wrong. Thank You

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast