Evolution ????'s

Have had the following system running for a few months now.
    Carrier 58MVC060100- 3 stage
    Bryant HP 286ANA048
    Evolution TStat, Version CESR131331-14

Have a few questions. During snowstorm here in PA, HP showed system fault code 56- Temp Sensor out of Range, 3 times. System was showing coil temp of 0 and running the aux furnace even though outside temp rose to around 34+. ( my lockouts are >35 and<32) Since that time HP seems to go straight to high heat. I have not seen the system run at low. I have run the system check on HP and it appears to operate fine on both low and high. But again, just as an observation HP does not seem to start on low and ramp up to high. It has been going right to high speed when heat is called. What could be going on, any way to check if there is really a problem? (Today is approx 20* so I cant do much)

Second question. Have just realized that the Tstat does not have any indication for the 3 speed furnace. Run time counter only shows Low and High. Is the system taking advantage of all three speeds of the furnace. Is there a way to verify?

3rd issue. Fault history shows code 12, blower on after power up, 7 times. Has occurred randomly over several months. What does it mean and is it any thing to worry about.

Installer is very busy and I cant really wait around for his service call unless absolutely necessary, so I would just like to get an idea before contacting him.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Call the dealer and let them do their job, that is what you paid for. There are several settings that need to be checked and then verified by the technician. This is really not something you should be messing with.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

Re 3 stages

Would like to get a answer to the general question about the 3 stage furnace and the evolution control. Can anyone familiar advise if it is operating all 3 stages even though the tstat only tracks Low and High?

Many thanks.

Your question has been asked and answered....call the dealer. There are too many variables to go into with you.

The three stage furnace requires a certain version of software and must be configured properly to operate it. If this is happening then it will record the stages. There are also settings that can cause your HP to operate the way you describe, these need to be checked also. Your dealer needs to be the one to do this as it is possible you could inadvertently make a change that gives an unwanted operation, possibly the one you describe.

not to beat a dead horse...

Plain spoken, thanks for the follow up detail. Mine was the first 3 stage for the installer, and I'm nolonger confident that they are overly familiar, so please bear with me...
    From your reply, If the tstat is not showing history for all 3 stages, the furnace and/or tstat is not functioning as intended. I am trying to have a clear understanding so I have the right expectations of proper resolution by the installer.

Many thanks.

No offense but at this time you are beating a dead horse. Your question has been answered several times. Your installing company may not have been familiar with the 3-stage furnace yet (they're brand new to the marketplace) but the tech services at the Carrier/Bryant company are able to help them through proper set-up of the unit. It could need an updated User Interface but that must be determined by the installing company. Us trying to educate you to know more than the installing company is not something we care to do.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

thanks

for the beat down. based upon your help, if the installer advises it is correct as is, I guess I'm out of luck. I'm not asking you to fix the thing nor to give do it yourself help. I'm asking for confirmation of proper operation which I thought was within the scope of the site.
    Thanks anyway.

"Fault history shows code 12, blower on after power up, 7 times."

I have had 2 of these codes with my Bryant system. One was at 1:00pm which is time it does a check. My heat is working just fine. Anything to worry about?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by twisterbret View Post
    "Fault history shows code 12, blower on after power up, 7 times."

I have had 2 of these codes with my Bryant system. One was at 1:00pm which is time it does a check. My heat is working just fine. Anything to worry about?

Thanks!
    No. This is a information only message, not an alarm.

For the 3 stages to work properly, you must have the "-B" revision of the Infinity/Evolution control.

thank you,

for the specific information!