To the U.S. & NYS Government

To whom it may concern

To 'stimulate' the economy, instead of sending me 1200 bucks, why not have a 30 day period that is "Sales Tax" free.

Thank you

Okay, thats just wishful thinking, but I think it would work better than a wasted check
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

wasted check ? ? Oh sir you have no idea how wrong that statement is ..... Im spending my check in a good way ... Im taking my check straight to the lottery and buying 1200 scratch offs !

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    wasted check ? ? Oh sir you have no idea how wrong that statement is ..... Im spending my check in a good way ... Im taking my check straight to the lottery and buying 1200 scratch offs !

BEING AN ADULT

Unfortunately the U.S. Government has nothing to do with sales tax, that is entirely the State's domain.

Make sure you save some of that money for the powerball (instead of just scratch offs), much bigger return!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Hey, speaking of sales tax, does any other state have the sales tax holiday that Missouri does? Each year in August there is a suspension of sales tax on all clothing and anything school supply related (including a computer if you want) for one weekend.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Hey, speaking of sales tax, does any other state have the sales tax holiday that Missouri does? Each year in August there is a suspension of sales tax on all clothing and anything school supply related (including a computer if you want) for one weekend.
    Yep, Georgia does it a few days a year.

Isn't there a Fed Tax on Gas, Alcohol and tobacco Products. Eliminate any tax, on all products for 30 days ( Consumer products )

It doesn't really matter, if you eliminate the tax, people WILL buy stuff
    BEING AN ADULT

Oh, I was thinking sales tax (added to total sale) not tax 'stamp' type of stuff.

Missouri flirted with suspending the state tax on gasoline when it got so high--the Gov. was for but the legislature quickly quashed that. They need that money for roads and such.

New announcement about a bridge in St. Louis. Missouri DOT was insistent that the money wasn't available and would have to be a toll bridge to pay for itself. Illinois wasn't happy with that, ends up they're shrinking the project somewhat and mostly Illinois and the Federal Government (Earmarks!) will pick up the tab.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    SC does on any item which could remotely be considered school supplies/necessities, to include clothes. Every year in August.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

The Government needs to remove all the Tax for at least one month, Like in June...............just before vacation time.

Even on "big ticket" items like motor homes or campers. The government wants people to spend money, there is no better way than to eliminate taxes

JMHO
    BEING AN ADULT