Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Weve been using this....

http://www.atlanticchemical.com/product.php?pid=803#

We have lots of condominium buildings here where replacing the refrigerant lines is next to impossible

Thanks. It says it uses nitrogen for propellant. Does the kit come with special adapters, or can a regular nitrogen setup be used?

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new here and was just reading up some information on the topic and thought i would throw in my 2cents worth.

I don't know if it's different for you guys over there (as i'm in Australia) but we also have the same idea of replacing where possible however, once you get above 1/2" the wall thickness changes for R410a piping as you guys would know the tystems using R410A refrigerant run at a pressure of approximately 1.6 times than R22 so it can’t be used in existing piping above 1/2" due to the pipe wall thickness needing to be higher on R410a.

No idea if that's how it is over there but i just thought i'd add what i know.

All the best and love the site.

Dee
    This is a question for our A/C dude down under. I'm not trying to be a smart ass. Just asking an honest question. Do you have different gauges of copper when you go to the supply house based on what sort of refrigerant you are going to run? When I go buy copper for a lineset at our supply houses. I just order 7/8 and 3/8 copper, or whatever I need. There is no specification for a R410 lineset or R22 linesets. The same with the Carrier or most any other coils. They are the same coils, just the metering device is specific to the refrigerant. On a side note, since toilet flush backwards there, should the pressures be 1.6 times less. I like you guys, the few of you Aussies I've met are the only ones who can hang with the Texas guys on beer drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    Thanks. It says it uses nitrogen for propellant. Does the kit come with special adapters, or can a regular nitrogen setup be used?
    Comes with everything, you just need a nitrogen tank and regulator

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    On a side note, since toilet flush backwards there,
    myth

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    myth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Gkp...eature=related

I stand corrected it spins both ways above and below.

Learn something new everyday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12