Thread: Load Software

Load Software

What is the easiest to learn and use software out there?

Video Professor..........
    It is time for all good men to come to the aid of their country, for we are in deep crap.

I think the easiest to learn is hvac-calc. Not to expensive either.

I think Wrightsoft is a great program. it does take some time to learn but once you learn calcs can be put in very quickly.

None.
    You don't need software to do a load. Maybe the report feature is nice but only if you're going to show someone.
    Some of what I've seem to take too much time. I mean if you have already measured everything you can enter it on a paper form and just do the math.
    What if your computer breaks?
    Tracers work both ways.

Manual J

If you do or did buy software to do loads, make sure it is ACCA certified. Only 4 companies are certified by ACCA. Other than Wrightsoft, I haven't seen any other certified one's posted on this post

Mike

I don't think ACCA matters much. Every manufacturer has both software and plain forms to do loads. Lennox had a very simple tablet that was fast.

Why is fast important? Cause ya don't get every job and might not want to invest too much time.
    Tracers work both ways.

Some states require ACCA manual J now. So how much it matters depends on where you are. For example, here in Albuquerque, NM as of July 1, I need to use an ACCA Manual J approved load. Not written, done with software.

Also, in todays world, why would you even chance doing a load with anything but a certified calc? Too many lawsuits going on. back yourself with as much detail and proof as possible!

Mike