Thread: FX 40 Server ?

FX 40 Server ?

There comes a time when you've got to use the Enterprise Server for FX40's, this is it. What am I in for? Where do the graphics reside, in the fx 40 or on the Server? How about schedules, In the fx40 or on the Server? What about alarm management? Any help would be amazing, also please point me to good documentation specific to The Server installation and programming. Also are there any "rules" that I should be aware of; like "don't use spaces when naming objects, no hyphens and stuff like that.

Well I am not sure about the Johnson line, but I assume the Enterprise Server would be the same as an AX Supervisor. Basically just licensed software running on a pc.

If this is what you are refering to then I will make a few comments. As far as schedules you would create them in the server and then discover and link them in the FX40. You can create your graphics in either place, but when using a supervisor I create all of mine in the supervisor just to save room in the Jace.

There is a little more work involved with the supervisor because you will have to discover all of your proxy points for your controllers from the Jace into the supervisor. I usually just name my points and set the facets the way I want in the Jace and then discover them into the supervisor and leave them just as they are.

For alarming you will need to create a station recipient in the supervisor and select the remote station from the jace if you want alarms coming up from the Jace. As far as point alarms I usually just create the alarms on the supervisor points.

If we are not talking about the same thing then excuse me and ignore my comments.

Im sure Freddy-B will chime in with some more useful info.
    Go Rangers!

Sounds exactly the same (FX server and AX Supervisor), I am now in the process of installing and programming the FX40's. Normally I would set up the FX40 with graphics, schedules etc. But it sounds to me, like all I need to do now is add controllers and points in the FX40. Then later discover in the
    Server/Supervisor. I am also interested to know how you would access the system, say from my office? Each fx40 has its own IP address, can you access them individually, of course the graphics and schedules would not be available. or do need to only access the system thru the workstation.

We have only set up one server so far, but the main issues we had were with point names and accessing graphics in the fx40's. From what I have been told by others there is a security problem when you try to hyperlink to an fx40. You can either set it up to request a login or use admin automatically, both of which are usually undesirable by the customer. We have started putting the graphics in the server to avoid this problem. The issues we had with point names relates to "-" turns into "$2d" when it is contained in a link. To avoid this just use "_" instead of spaces and dashes.

That's my nutshell, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong freddy...

Quote Originally Posted by nickolas View Post
    Sounds exactly the same (FX server and AX Supervisor), I am now in the process of installing and programming the FX40's. Normally I would set up the FX40 with graphics, schedules etc. But it sounds to me, like all I need to do now is add controllers and points in the FX40. Then later discover in the
    Server/Supervisor. I am also interested to know how you would access the system, say from my office? Each fx40 has its own IP address, can you access them individually, of course the graphics and schedules would not be available. or do need to only access the system thru the workstation.
    If the FX40 is not licensed for Web UI then you will not be able to hit it remotely with workbench. Usually if I have a supervisor I do not license the Jaces for Web UI. I do everything in the supervisor and make my remote connections to the supervisor with IE or workbench. I also install log me in on the server so I can remote into the pc and get to the Jace through the supervisor.

Where are you hiding at Freddy-B?
    Go Rangers!