Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 37
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Its SLOW!!!! We get about enough to keep 1 truck on the road all day. So I have since moved over to the commercial side to get more hours. Headed to Elizabeth city tomorrow to play at Food Lion. 30 Ton Compressor replacement.....yeeehaaaw
    speaking of commercial- i am looking to move into commercial!! i cannot wait i am so tired of HO's!!! monday i had this lady from NJ cussed me out because i said yes ma'am!! really!! i cannot make this up!! she said " i am not that old!! how dare you come at me with such remark!!" i told her to get a grip and give me a check!! lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Elkton, MD
    Posts
    141
    Utilize the Trane TCONT402 thermostat with BK enabled. This will send a pulse width modulation signal to the variable speed indoor motor controlling the indoor airflow from 35% to 100%.

    This will require a humidistat to be wired to comfort control and the TCONT402 is a non-programmable control.

    The Vision Pro IAQ or the TCONT802/803 can be utilized to control airflow with some creative wiring. The integrated furnace control board determines airflow requirements directly from 24 volt thermostat signals recieved by control. Example: I have a two stage gas furnace with a single stage 15 SEER outdoor unit. The comfort control is set as a 2 stage heat/2 stage cool control and when wired properly will provide cooling at 80% airflow when the thermostat initiates first stage and 100% airflow when the thermostat initiates second stage.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hell Hole Swamp
    Posts
    4,180
    He wants the blower to run slower when there is a call for dehumidification, it will run at 80% airflow until the call for dehumidification is satisfied, regardless of the Comfort R settings

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    2,504
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    speaking of commercial- i am looking to move into commercial!! i cannot wait i am so tired of HO's!!! monday i had this lady from NJ cussed me out because i said yes ma'am!! really!! i cannot make this up!! she said " i am not that old!! how dare you come at me with such remark!!" i told her to get a grip and give me a check!! lol
    I don't do it full time. I work residential when we have the volume of calls and when we are dead, I prefer to do commercail installs and service. It just nice to know where I will be for a few days at a time. And since the rides are longer, I get more hours with less work.

    Just finished up Advance Auto in Snow Hill. Took 2 days to run wires and wire up some smoke and keyswitches. Put in some remote sensors, and tested everything out. Pretty nice work.

    Tomorrow and Friday, Elizabeth City Food Lion remodel. Then a long weekend of duty.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    I don't do it full time. I work residential when we have the volume of calls and when we are dead, I prefer to do commercail installs and service. It just nice to know where I will be for a few days at a time. And since the rides are longer, I get more hours with less work.

    Just finished up Advance Auto in Snow Hill. Took 2 days to run wires and wire up some smoke and keyswitches. Put in some remote sensors, and tested everything out. Pretty nice work.

    Tomorrow and Friday, Elizabeth City Food Lion remodel. Then a long weekend of duty.
    you guys hiring?? i have a very,very good friend in j-actionville that needs a good job. he is working with a guy who just started out and is doing install at this time. he is looking into taking classes at the community college there too. he is very trainable! he just has taken so long in figuring out what he wants to be when he grows up LoL now he has been in this feild he really likes it and wants to go full steam ahead!! i can see him being a very good tech, but it will take some time before that comes along.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    2,504
    We're always hiring. He could probably get in as an installer to start and move from there. We have a few installers going to college now. The company I work for should work with him with anything he needs. And most of our installers run 2 man crews.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac-master View Post
    Utilize the Trane TCONT402 thermostat with BK enabled. This will send a pulse width modulation signal to the variable speed indoor motor controlling the indoor airflow from 35% to 100%.

    This will require a humidistat to be wired to comfort control and the TCONT402 is a non-programmable control.

    The Vision Pro IAQ or the TCONT802/803 can be utilized to control airflow with some creative wiring. The integrated furnace control board determines airflow requirements directly from 24 volt thermostat signals recieved by control. Example: I have a two stage gas furnace with a single stage 15 SEER outdoor unit. The comfort control is set as a 2 stage heat/2 stage cool control and when wired properly will provide cooling at 80% airflow when the thermostat initiates first stage and 100% airflow when the thermostat initiates second stage.

    exactly, but in this area when you start doing this the AH or furnace turns into a "sweat box" literally the whole thing sweats like a rainforest and i have seen them sweat so much they have filled the E-pan and tripped float switches!!! we end up turning number 5 and 6 off on boards here for that reason. although the home owner did not specify his location or the location of the equipment. if the equipment is in a conditioned space here we will leave 5 and 6 on and have no sweat issues.

    it was so bad lst couple years we are sealing attica and installing dehumidifiers in the attic!!!! really its pretty bad! and such a headache
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    We're always hiring. He could probably get in as an installer to start and move from there. We have a few installers going to college now. The company I work for should work with him with anything he needs. And most of our installers run 2 man crews.
    there should be a e-mail in my info- you don't mind sending the info?? and i will pass it on to him
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    2,504
    Forgot to add.....he will be trained. Does he have his CFC EPA stuff yet? We got a new tech that has a way to go himself. Thats why cell phones were created. I run my battery dead everyday b/t answering questions, and just shootin the breeze with other guys.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Forgot to add.....he will be trained. Does he have his CFC EPA stuff yet? We got a new tech that has a way to go himself. Thats why cell phones were created. I run my battery dead everyday b/t answering questions, and just shootin the breeze with other guys.
    he doesn't have cfc yet. he litterally just got into months ago. maybe 2!! he calls me a lot for advice lol and i think i am talking to another tech and he says- hey darnit what are you talking about lmao
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    2,504
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    there should be a e-mail in my info- you don't mind sending the info?? and i will pass it on to him
    Didn't see one. I got my email in my profile. Just shoot me an email and I will gather some info for him. I could even put him to work myself with some jobs I got coming up. Have him contact me.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    no, an IAQ doesn't have the capability to speed up your blower.
    ?? The IAQ is able to slow down the blower if the humidity is high.. The dipswitch could be set to 400cfm/ton, and if the IAQ see the humidity is higher, then the blower can slow down to remove the humidity, then go back to the higher speed when the humidity has met it's set point.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac-master View Post
    The Vision Pro IAQ or the TCONT802/803 can be utilized to control airflow with some creative wiring. The integrated furnace control board determines airflow requirements directly from 24 volt thermostat signals recieved by control. Example: I have a two stage gas furnace with a single stage 15 SEER outdoor unit. The comfort control is set as a 2 stage heat/2 stage cool control and when wired properly will provide cooling at 80% airflow when the thermostat initiates first stage and 100% airflow when the thermostat initiates second stage.
    The IAQ, you don't need to set it up at 2 stage cool to get the affect you are doing with the 802, as long the DHUM is wired to the board as the manual says.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event