Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Honeywell Vision Pro IAQ

I have the Trane XV80 (80,000 btu) furance combined with a XL-14i (2.5 ton) compressor and Aprilaire 700 humidifier. The current controls are a single stage White Rogers theromstat and a manual control on the return air for the humidifer.

To maximize the system I want to upgrade to a better theromstat to take advantage of the 2 stage heat. I have talked to HVAC companies about the Honeywell Vision Pro IAQ model. For heat mode the theromstat seems perfect. But I get different answers regarding the ability to slow down the blower speed to dehumidify in the summer. Some sales people say it can be done and other say it can't because I don't have a dual stage compressor. Can the Vision Pro IAQ control the blower speed in cooling or will it operate as it does now, coming on low and speeding up after 7.5 minutes? Thanks.

You thermostat does not control indoor blower speed. The variable speed board does that. So to answer your question simply, no, an IAQ doesn't have the capability to speed up your blower.

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by fmayberry View Post
    I have the Trane XV80 (80,000 btu) furance combined with a XL-14i (2.5 ton) compressor and Aprilaire 700 humidifier. The current controls are a single stage White Rogers theromstat and a manual control on the return air for the humidifer.

To maximize the system I want to upgrade to a better theromstat to take advantage of the 2 stage heat. I have talked to HVAC companies about the Honeywell Vision Pro IAQ model. For heat mode the theromstat seems perfect. But I get different answers regarding the ability to slow down the blower speed to dehumidify in the summer. Some sales people say it can be done and other say it can't because I don't have a dual stage compressor. Can the Vision Pro IAQ control the blower speed in cooling or will it operate as it does now, coming on low and speeding up after 7.5 minutes? Thanks.
    i take it this furnace doesn't have a variable speed blower...

i don't see why you cannot use the lower speed blower for the first set amount of time to de-humidify the space. it would take some creative thinking and wiring (deviating from trane's original plans for the system) to get it done though. and then, how long to leave it in the lower speed. and will it really make a difference to the space or just make the frunace and heat exchanger sweat like a rainforest in the summer?? resulting in a very short life for your equipment. you can add a whole house de-humidifier to your exixting system and not have to worry about moisture issues in the furnace
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    i take it this furnace doesn't have a variable speed blower...

i don't see why you cannot use the lower speed blower for the first set amount of time to de-humidify the space. it would take some creative thinking and wiring (deviating from trane's original plans for the system) to get it done though. and then, how long to leave it in the lower speed. and will it really make a difference to the space or just make the frunace and heat exchanger sweat like a rainforest in the summer?? resulting in a very short life for your equipment. you can add a whole house de-humidifier to your exixting system and not have to worry about moisture issues in the furnace
    Howdy neighbor

The furnace does have a variable speed blower.

When it is very hot and the A/C runs frequently, there is no humidity problem. It is during cooler days (say upper 70's) when the unit runs less but the humidity is high. I thought with a slower blower speed more humidity would be removed before the unit shuts off.

whats happenin?? hope it isn't as slow up there as it is here!!! not sure if i am going to be able to make it much longer like this!!!

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

The XV80 is variable speed, and Yes the IAQ can slow the blower down (80% speed) for dehumidification purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Howdy neighbor
    Beachtech lives halfway between you and I

Sounds like you need less cfm in cooling mode. But just guessing could cause trouble. Have a qualified tech adjust the speed. It'll be more comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    whats happenin?? hope it isn't as slow up there as it is here!!! not sure if i am going to be able to make it much longer like this!!!
    Its SLOW!!!! We get about enough to keep 1 truck on the road all day. So I have since moved over to the commercial side to get more hours. Headed to Elizabeth city tomorrow to play at Food Lion. 30 Ton Compressor replacement.....yeeehaaaw

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    Beachtech lives halfway between you and I
    Where are you at? Myrtle Beach area?

Yes

wondered why you guys knew so much about humidity lmao

if your blower is not running at slower speed for first 7 or so minutes, you should call the installing contractor and ask them to change your blower settings at the furnace. chances are the settings are not correct for the variable speed (in cooling)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast