Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Subcontracting for Sears?

Trying to keep me and my guys busy!!! Any thoughts on subing for sears??

Subcontracting for Sear?

HELP!! I need to keep the guys working (very slow) any thoughts on subbing for Sears??

None of us in this state will work for them. Imagine competitors agreeing on a principle
    never say never

Yeah. Home of the hax.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Cant give you alot of info on this forum, but if you want to sleep at night, don't do it!
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Has anyone done work for them?

I get all the negative-- any positives- at all??

I understand why you would consider it, but what happens with call backs, warranty work, who's responsible 1-2 yrs. from now? You just put it in and then it's all on Sears ??
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    If they'll pay what you need it's an okay thing,IMHO.

We had a local guy that ran a very tight ship,did Sears for years,great job,don't know how he did it,we could make money at those prices,but he did.

He sold out,new guy couldn't do it either.

Good ?'s

These are things I am trying to find out- b4 I meet with them!!

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    I understand why you would consider it, but what happens with call backs, warranty work, who's responsible 1-2 yrs. from now? You just put it in and then it's all on Sears ??
    I will tell you this:

Sears RAPES consumers

Sears LIES to consumers

Sears pays you very little$

They way it work when I subbed for them, was install related you were responsible, besides that they have thier own maintance and service techs.

They will sell the job for a whole lot of money, then not want you to do the job properly and complain everytime you tell them what really needs to be done to propely install this system. Then the salesman will have to go back out and rerape the consumer again! Then pay you very little for the extra work that you need to do!
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

I am a subcontractor for sears myself. So far I haven't had any problems although you kinda need to watch what you are getting into. I am a one man show so in alot of ways it kinda works out for me but if you several employees it may not work out so good. Replacements are good but new units such as customer never had A/C in house before you kinda lose money cause then you have to pay for electrician. So I try not to do new installs or full duct work jobs you lose money there also. As for as being busy Sears has slow times also. I only installed one furnace in January and only one this month so they don't always keep you busy. I found if I am slow they are slow also. Now I do have a furnace I am replacing next week for them. Last summer they kept me pretty busy. Have you got a list of prices of what they pay you for change outs and everything else such as pulling flue liner? You should have prices what they pay you. Look them over and see if it is worth it to you especially if you have several employees. So far they have been pretty good to me as far as paying and my project coordinator treats me good if job is long way he pays for my gas also.

Thanx=--

I guess i can't get any #'s in this forum, but I can say these things are what concerns me-- proper installation--is key-- However, so is work!!

I told them if I could sell the job and install it, I would talk. They said they would send their flunky salesman out and we pick up his peices.
    He gets paid what we do to install and doesn't have any expeiriance.
    NO. Sears.
    never say never

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast