Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lotta Heat Pump Posts

I presently have resistance heating and have considered putting in a hp, but I notice there sure seem to be a lot of posts with heat pump problems. My last system had a gas furnace(Rudd) that I helped install and never had any problems with it. I think I'll stick with a gas furnace, even though it means getting a gas meter installed and me running all the black pipe. What do ya'll think.

Heat pumps are more complex so do break down a little more. But most problems are caused by techs not smart enough to be working on them.

heatpumps are great if properly installed but I'd rather have gas heat if I could get it

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Heat pumps are more complex so do break down a little more. But most problems are caused by techs not smart enough to be working on them.

amen bro

The reason you see a lot of post abouot heat pumps.
    Is there are that many of them.
    Many people have hest pumps and never have a problem with them.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I've had two different experiences. In one house, the HVAC system is an all electric HP system. It works great. In another home, it was retro-fitted with a HP and gas system that has had numerous problems. For me (only my personal opinion), I think the best system is a gas furance with a/c. Nothing bets the warmth and quick recovery of a gas furnance.

If you like a very warm temp coming out of the ducts, don't get a heatpump. Get a furnace.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I have a heatpump in my house and also heat my 26x42 garage with a heatpump both have ecm blower drive air handlers and i could not be more happy with the units or with the opp cost I could not afford to heat this space with gas

heat pumps aren't that complex when you work on them everyday!! man once told me "son, its only as hard as you make it" thats some good advice. i think there are more heat pump posts because there are more heat pumps!! everybody is on this "go green" kick and think that a heat pump is the biggest saver since the compost pile!! LoL

i like my duel fuel set-up. i have an oil furnace at my moms house and a water furnace system at my dads house with a closed loop and re-heat hooked up lil bit of all around here.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

It has been a long time since I have installed a heat pump none since I have been in Minnesota but the biggest complaint I have heard is that people who swithes from gas to heat pump complains the air is to cool in heating mode said they wished they would had stayed with gas in fact had a customer hate it so much he paid for us to switch it back to gas I think boss man gave him a little break on the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlighturfire View Post
    It has been a long time since I have installed a heat pump none since I have been in Minnesota but the biggest complaint I have heard is that people who swithes from gas to heat pump complains the air is to cool in heating mode said they wished they would had stayed with gas in fact had a customer hate it so much he paid for us to switch it back to gas I think boss man gave him a little break on the deal.

i always tell my HO's up front (that have gas) that a heat pump will never satisfy them!! and here we get a ton of calls in the winter from folks that have recently traveled down from up north, that their system is not keeping up!! get there and it checks out good. just not used to semi-warm air being thrown around or defrost cycle
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Can I get an amen brother!

I like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast