+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chlorine resistant humidity transducer.

Post Likes

Chlorine resistant humidity transducer.

Hi all,

I have had some problem finding a humidity tranducer that will stand up to the environment in a return air duct from a swimming pool. The standard "off the shelf" sensors only last a few months. I tried a Johnson HT-6703-0N00P that did last close to 2 years but it has now failed. Has anyone tried any others that seem to tolerate chlorine?

Thanks

Post Likes
    I have had good luck with these from KELE.
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Post Likes
    Maybe your real issue is in the akalinity of the pool.............if your ph level is to low in the pool it can cause errosion and corrosion of metal. A chelating agent is what is used to metals such as copper in a pool for a HX ...........but im unsure if a RH% sensor have that good luck

Post Likes
    Pools will eat humidity sensors up eventually. I like the Veris and Kele units with replaceable tips. The tips are very cheap, and a simple install. Give the customer a handful and he will be set for a long time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eriks1954 View Post
    Hi all,

I have had some problem finding a humidity tranducer that will stand up to the environment in a return air duct from a swimming pool. The standard "off the shelf" sensors only last a few months. I tried a Johnson HT-6703-0N00P that did last close to 2 years but it has now failed. Has anyone tried any others that seem to tolerate chlorine?

Thanks
    3 years on JCI parts, send it back for a replacment
    "Yeah I can figure out whats wrong with it, but you were here first and there isn't room for two, plus it's cold up here, I'll be in the van"

Post Likes
    I would go to an industrial grade transmitter. Vaisala is one of the best transmitters http://www.vaisala.com. I know they make corrosion resistant ones.

Post Likes
    I would second Vaisala. Certainly worth the money.
    gnomethang

Post Likes

Thanks to all that replied.

I will do some research on these products and go from there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in