3m Warning - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3m Warning

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    They must build them better in your neck of the woods.
    Likely not.

To be clear we have some wall returns,so it's just sealing the drywall to 2X4 crack,I'm thinking you had some larger gaps,not sure .

Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    Consumers beware....... if the filter that you're buying at the store isn't the same filter as the first one that the contractor installed when he put in your HVAC equipment you might be damaging your equipment or worse voiding the manufacturers warranty.

If you feel the need to use extremely efficient air filters than realize that with few exceptions modifications will need to be made to your ductwork to maintain acceptable and safe air flow through the system. Just because it fits in the spot doesn't mean it belongs there.
    Very important point. As an average homeowner, I think it's sometimes easy for us to forget that HVAC is a system, not just a bunch of components/parts pieced together without the big picture in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    Just because it fits in the spot doesn't mean it belongs there.
    That's what she said...

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Likely not.

To be clear we have some wall returns,so it's just sealing the drywall to 2X4 crack,I'm thinking you had some larger gaps,not sure .
    Around here they like to drop the ceiling down in a closet, pan off the top and tap a duct in, then draw return up one or more of the walls of the closet. That is the most common, but I have seen some interesting building cavity returns around here.
    Usually they are pulling air from all over the place through all the unsealed gaps. Usually I can stick a finger or two, sometimes my whole hand, in gaps I find.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123