Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 20 of 20
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,858
    Perhaps you don't understand the subject of this thread. It is about how the Koran teaches hate and killing non Muslims not about how much you dislike Christians. You come in here bashing Christians with no reason whatsoever. You are defending them by implying all of us are the same and that Muslims are no worse than Christians.

    That my friend is defending them by attacking Christians and not recognizing the enemy. Sure you didn't say they did not do this or that but all your posts imply that we are just like them.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Perhaps you don't understand the subject of this thread. It is about how the Koran teaches hate and killing non Muslims not about how much you dislike Christians. You come in here bashing Christians with no reason whatsoever. You are defending them by implying all of us are the same and that Muslims are no worse than Christians.

    That my friend is defending them by attacking Christians and not recognizing the enemy. Sure you didn't say they did not do this or that but all your posts imply that we are just like them.
    Again, do you actually read whole posts? I know what the thread is about, and I wasn't bashing Christians, or any one religion in particular. There's nut jobs that take their religious beliefs to far in every religion, that's what i was implying. And yes, Muslim extremists are the enemy..never denied that. But you manage to take a simple statement like the one I made about wars being started or fought over religion and turn it into me being anti-christian and supporting Muslim wack jobs who want to kill us.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,858
    Sure I have read your posts. Up till now you have not addressed at all the subject of the thread and sill not the issue with the Koran. You did not address the subject yeah or nay but just based Christians. This is a favorite tactic of the left. Don't discuss the accusations especially if they are true but attack the messenger or his friends and allies like you did on Christians and try to imply that Christians have blood on their hands (untrue) and therefore we cannot criticize the radical Muslims, their religion or their teachings no matter how outrageous. Sorry if this offends you but you offend a lot with your charges on Christians even though we are taught to turn the other cheek when possible.
    Last edited by glennac; 02-28-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Sure I have read your posts. Up till now you have not addressed at all the subject of the thread and sill not the issue with the Koran. You did not address the subject yeah or nay but just based Christians. This is a favorite tactic of the left. Don't discuss the accusations especially if they are true but attack the messenger or his friends and allies like you did on Christians and try to imply that Christians have blood on their hands (untrue) and therefore we cannot criticize the radical Muslims, their religion or their teachings no matter how outrageous. Sorry if this offends you but you offend a lot with your charges on Christians even though we are thought to turn the other cheek when possible.
    Actually I have commented on the subject of the thread. I have said that Muslim extremists are the enemy, and their beliefs come from the Koran, at least a lot of their beliefs. And what charges on Christians? And when did I say we can't criticize radical muslims? I stated that every religion has it's nut jobs that will kill for their god, or will kill because some book tells them to, or they think it tells them to. There's just way more Muslim nutjobs in the world. It's amusing how you interpret everything I type.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,858
    Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    Actually I have commented on the subject of the thread. I have said that Muslim extremists are the enemy, and their beliefs come from the Koran, at least a lot of their beliefs. And what charges on Christians? And when did I say we can't criticize radical muslims? I stated that every religion has it's nut jobs that will kill for their god, or will kill because some book tells them to, or they think it tells them to. There's just way more Muslim nutjobs in the world. It's amusing how you interpret everything I type.
    Hey I did say so. What do you think up till now means? Your last post did comment on the Muslim extremists. Up till now means that before you did not but are now. I think you have a problem reading my posts. Reread your post at 3:08pm today. You basically gave the Muslims a whitewash by implying that we are all equally guilty and that all religions are basic the same. I won't push it any more since you are now even though reluctantly admitting that the Muslims have more nut jobs in the world. It isn't much but it does imply for once that we aren't all the same. We are at war and it is more than a few nut jobs Muslims we are fighting. A good 20 percent of American Muslims support the radicals and the percentage is a lot higher in the rest of the world. Don't brush this off. We should all be concerned.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Hey I did say so. What do you think up till now means? Your last post did comment on the Muslim extremists. Up till now means that before you did not but are now. I think you have a problem reading my posts. Reread your post at 3:08pm today. You basically gave the Muslims a whitewash by implying that we are all equally guilty and that all religions are basic the same. I won't push it any more since you are now even though reluctantly admitting that the Muslims have more nut jobs in the world. It isn't much but it does imply for once that we aren't all the same. We are at war and it is more than a few nut jobs Muslims we are fighting. A good 20 percent of American Muslims support the radicals and the percentage is a lot higher in the rest of the world. Don't brush this off. We should all be concerned.
    I didn't mean that all religions are the same in what they teach, or how their members respond to what they teach. And I agreed all along that the Koran teaches muslims to want to kill us. Maybe I should have said that specifically.
    I just wanted to relate how ridiculous the premise of fighting a war over anything having to with religion is to someone who isn't a follower of any religion. No offense to any specific group. Muslims are the most extreme when it comes to their religion..and I think it's insane that they would want to kill anyone else and kill themselves in the name of religion. I hope that's clear enough and i'll leave it at that.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    tidewater, va
    Posts
    2,147
    Air311 is right

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event