Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Koran the scarist book ever written.

The University of Virginia has published an electronic Koran and you can download passages from the site. It is very frightening to read. It commands them to fight and slay the nonbelievers

Check it out if you dare some of the following passages in the Koran. Click on Browse and look up the chapter and verse similar to looking in the Bible but you will be shocked at what you read.

5:33 5:51 2:65-66 5:60 4:34 8:12-14 3:157 9:12 9:57 2:190-193 8:60 4:196 2:98 9.29 9:111 5:72 24:2 3:28 4:138 9:33 57:25 2:116 2:117

http://etext.virginia.edu/koran.html

Also check out this link on Islam from the Lamb and Lion Ministries "The Truth About Islam".

http://www.lamblion.com/New08.php
    Last edited by glennac; 02-27-2008 at 04:27 AM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I am sure some knucklehead in Iran is saying the same thing about the Bible...or the Cosby show....

r404a

Quote Originally Posted by r404a View Post
    I am sure some knucklehead in Iran is saying the same thing about the Bible...or the Cosby show....r404a

Ok give me a quote from the New Testament which commands Christians to kill nonbelievers. You are unreal and beyond belief.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

There aren't any verses commanding the deaths of other people in the New Covenant. About the closest you could come is a verse which says The kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
    Now that verse would make an interesting debate IMO, but it has nothing to do with military expansion or the killing of others.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

I am sure some knucklehead in Iran is saying the same thing about the Bible...or the Cosby show....

r404a
    Now what kind of argument is that?
    I'm sure people in Iran are saying they'd like to wipe us from the face of the Earth but not because of anything in the bible. And, as far as I know, Cosby went off years ago and would never have advocated violence.
    Please, if you're going to dispute someone's post find something better than that.

your current trend sounds like so much blab blab blab.......
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

r404a
    And he would be wrong.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

I don't think r404a meant that the bible says to kill non-believers. He said some KNUCKLEHEAD in Iran is probably saying that. Meaning they're crazy enough to think like that.

Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    I don't think r404a meant that the bible says to kill non-believers. He said some KNUCKLEHEAD in Iran is probably saying that. Meaning they're crazy enough to think like that.
    I kind of doupt that. You are cutting him to much slack. He was trying to imply in that dumb statement of his that we are all the same and their Koran is similar to the New Testament in the treatment of non believers. You know like the liberals say all people and all religions are the same no one is more villoent or mean than the other. So no matter how violent or outragous a group, religion or country acts we cannot criticize them, their culture, religion or actions. That is BS and we all know it.
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    The University of Virginia has published an electronic Koran and you can download passages from the site. It is very frightening to read. It commands them to fight and slay the nonbelievers
    The fact that millions of muslims take the Koran literally is more frightening than what someone decided to write.

Without side by side comparison with other religious texts, your arguement is not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    The fact that millions of muslims take the Koran literally is more frightening than what someone decided to write.

Without side by side comparison with other religious texts, your arguement is not valid.
    I agree with your first statement. What do you mean on your second? The Bible, and for that matter any other religious writings are not the same as the Koran or any other religion. That's what makes religions different. Besides of course Christianity being the true one but that is not the argument here.

You cannot find in the Bible any texts, side by side or stack them up or down to compare with the texts from the Koran. I gave you the link to check out the Koran. There is nothing like it in the world. There are many electronic verisons of the Bible if you want to compare it to the Koran assuming you don't own a Bible from your comment. Try one of these links

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/

http://www.biblelookup.com/lookup.html

Let's be intellectually honnest here. You cannot find anything in the New Testament to compare with the violent passages in the Koran. I challange you to do it.
    Last edited by glennac; 02-28-2008 at 12:35 AM.
    Barry Goldwater

I kind of doupt that. You are cutting him to much slack. He was trying to imply in that dumb statement of his that we are all the same and their Koran is similar to the New Testament in the treatment of non believers. You know like the liberals say all people and all religions are the same no one is more villoent or mean than the other. So no matter how violent or outragous a group, religion or country acts we cannot criticize them, their culture, religion or actions. That is BS and we all know it.
    In my opinion, any religion is a sham to begin with, so wars that start over religion seem completely pointless to me. And there are nut-job conservatives that think that we should try to convert every muslim to christianity, and if we can't do that, we should eliminate them..which makes me wonder how christian they really are for thinking that way. And any statement that implies one religion is the "true" one is a case of being insensitive to someone elses religion. If it all wasn't complete BS, there would be one religion on this earth, not a billion people arguing over who's right.

Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    In my opinion, any religion is a sham to begin with, so wars that start over religion seem completely pointless to me. And there are nut-job conservatives that think that we should try to convert every muslim to christianity, and if we can't do that, we should eliminate them..which makes me wonder how christian they really are for thinking that way. And any statement that implies one religion is the "true" one is a case of being insensitive to someone elses religion. If it all wasn't complete BS, there would be one religion on this earth, not a billion people arguing over who's right.
    Let's don't quibble over which religion is true or not let's just stick with the facts which you won't do. The Muslims are trying to conquer the world and Christians are not unless you might find a few in a nut house. We are at war against radical Muslims and not Christians. All religions are not the same. Some want to kill you and they are the Muslims.

The war going on now is not a religious war. It is a war aganist terrorist and they all happen to be radical Muslims and those who are fighting it are persons and countries of all faiths and no faiths and even some moderate Muslims to. So don't try and claim this is a religious war and that we shouldn't defend ourselves aganist them and cop out with your statement that this is a religious war. You need some help.
    If you followed your own advice you would be wiped out just like any Christian, Hindu or any other non Muslim of any faith or no faith. So stop taking the Anti American side of the terrorist and recognise who the enemy is and stop trying to defend them and their actions.

Nobody cares what religion you believe in or if you are an agnostic or a atheist except the radical Muslims. You are the enemy unless you are one of them and maybe you are since you like to defend them. I guess they would have to go down your street and start killing everyone before you would see the light. 911 means nothing to you.
    Last edited by glennac; 02-28-2008 at 04:58 PM.
    Barry Goldwater

Let's don't quibble over which religion is true or not let's just stick with the facts which you won't do. The Muslims are trying to conquer the world and Christians are not unless you might find a few in a nut house. We are at war against radical Muslims and not Christians. All religions are not the same. Some want to kill you and they are the Muslims.

If you followed your own advice you would be wiped out just like any Christian, Hindu or any other non Muslim of any faith or no faith. So stop taking the Anti American side of the terrorist and recognise who the enemy is and stop trying to defend them and their actions.

Nobody cares what religion you believe in or if you are an agnostic or a atheist except the radical Muslims. You are the enemy unless you are one of them and maybe you are since you like to defend them. I guess they would have to go down your street and start killing everyone before you would see the light. 911 means nothing to you.
    And you say I can't comprehend English? How am I taking the side of the Anti-American terrorist? I think they're nuts, and not once did I imply even slightly that I was defending their actions. Do you actually read things in whole, or do you read bits and pieces then attack what was said?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast