Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Veto

My Veto

I have had a veto now for a year. It is starting to fall apart. The strap is getting very tattered. The rubber sole has cracked, the rubber handle is almost gone on the under side. I have broken 2 zippers. one for a main compartment another for a side pocket.

The interior water proofing plastic is peeling and shedding away.
    Going back to smaller IDEAL leather electrician tool bag. Just ordered.

Interesting...

I have just bought a LC, and Im currently field testing it.

Initial response to it was not to good.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Give them a call, I'll bet they will fix/replace for you. They seem like the kind of company to stand behind their product.
    B.
    Last edited by brybo nc; 02-26-2008 at 11:15 PM.

Mabye your just working a little too hard.

I have two of them and I am pretty sure they had a 5 year warranty. I will have to check.

Call Veto and tell them. They should take good care of you.

vetoes have a 5 year warranty.
    I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.

What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.

VETO PRO PAC, The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

while Veto may not be the perfect bag its as close as I have found. If you give them a call they will be more than happy to fix your problems

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    Going back to smaller IDEAL leather electrician tool bag. Just ordered.

I bet you could sell your beat up Veto Pac for more than you just paid for that Ideal bag in the "junk yard"

I could buy it have it fixed for free then have three
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Yeah, I figured it was junk...

My Gatemouth reciently started to rip at the hinge and I really like the looks of the Veto. I saw a similar looking bag at Sears and was wondering if anyone else has seen it. I think that I'll go out and take a second look tomorrow. The Gatemouth lasted 16 months but I don't like having to dig around for a tool that I use once a month and of course is at the very bottom of the bag. If Sears has the bag I'll probably get it and see how I like it.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

My two cents................

I'm one week into my new veto LC............been on a job all week which involves a quarter mile walk from the van, up several fights of steps and crawling to the end of a 6th floor attic............so far I'm much happier with it than I thought I would be.

Only complaint is nowhere to put my little plastic "junk drawer" full of wire nuts, connectors,ect. BUT.......I can fit my Bosch Impactor and a box of bits, so, I guess it cancels that out.

We'll see how it holds up six months from now, but so far I'd buy the same bag again without thinking twice.

I'm into my Veto bag about a month now and still love it. I went with the XXL-F so I could fit everything into it that I need for a furnace changeout, or if i'm going to ride shotgun in the co-workers box truck for the day, everything I might need for the day is loaded into it in one shot. Easy to go from my truck to his truck and back.

But for regular service calls, I use a smaller AWP bag since it's so much lighter and easier to use. If the XXL-F holds up as well as I think it looks like it's going to, i'll probably get the LC for service calls later on because I REALLY like all the pockets to keep everything organized. I'm really over the dig and dump bags. Individual pockets are the way to go for me.

Maybe if I found a small-ish AWP or CLC bag that had a lot of pockets I might go for that for service calls, but for a bag to carry all my gear at once, I don't think there's another bag out there that will perform like the XXL will. I'm hauling about 63lbs of tools in it and it doesn't even break a sweat. For what i'm using it for, it works great.

If I didn't do so many furnace changouts and ridealong in other trucks some days, the need for such a big bag wouldn't be there.

Everyone's needs are different, just gotta find the tool bag that works for what you do the most.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast