Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Temp

Another reason that homeowners, engineers or not, shouldn't be answering other homeowners questions on this board.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Another reason that homeowners, engineers or not, shouldn't be answering other homeowners questions on this board.
    And what was that reason?

air temp

Sorry. I didn't mean to open a can of worms. I looked at the spec sheet for my furnace (should have done that prior to my post) and found the following. It has an x next to 4 speed blower si I'm assuming it's a 4 speed. The make of the furnace is Intertherm, model E2EB- 23HB. That appears to indicate, based on the owners manual, that it has 20kw heat strips. Would that be correct? There is a statement on the specs that states max air temp at discharge is 200 degrees. Should have read that before I posted. Sorry. Thanks for all the replies. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by lakelady View Post
    Sorry. I didn't mean to open a can of worms. I looked at the spec sheet for my furnace (should have done that prior to my post) and found the following. It has an x next to 4 speed blower si I'm assuming it's a 4 speed. The make of the furnace is Intertherm, model E2EB- 23HB. That appears to indicate, based on the owners manual, that it has 20kw heat strips. Would that be correct? There is a statement on the specs that states max air temp at discharge is 200 degrees. Should have read that before I posted. Sorry. Thanks for all the replies. Have a great day.
    Lakelady:

If you are truly concerned that your air handler is overheating, have a tech look at it. Ask him questions while he is checking it.

Best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    The OP asked:

"What is an acceptable temp range when both the heat pump and heat strips are running?"

I replied with an acceptable temperature based on 15kw and proper air flow. Neither the OP nor I stated "whats wrong with the system".

Take care.
    She didn't at that time indicate what size air handler she has.
    Nor what the blower speed was set for.

What is the proper air flow for 15KW strip.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12