Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What is CYA? Good news for the rest. Thanks

What are your opinions on the rest of the stuff? the 3 stage heat setup with no cutout and also on the noise/vibration?

Thanks

Cover Your Arse.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Unfortunately, whoever built your house had the freon lines running where you will be living. We never run freon lines anywhere near where a person might hear them. People's ears are too sensitive. You also never put a condenser outside a TV or bedroom. Somebody will hear it sometimes. As far as the heat. Do whatever you want. You're really overanalyzing this entire thing. If you want the bigger lines, pay the guy to put them in. He said he would. It won't hurt any and keeping them the same size probably won't make much of a difference. It is your choice.

i am ok with the lines. Many of you suggested a small 3% loss and I am fine with that. Just wanted to make sure it would not cut the life of my equipment because of it.

as for the noise, before upgrading to this unit, noise/vibration was fine. it was a carrier though and now is a goodman. they both had the same decibel rating

I have another quick question. Last night the wife and I sat to watch a movie and we just incredibly annoyed with the humming/vibrating sound. Under our TV room pass the lines from the heatpump to the furnace. We never had any of this noice with the 3 ton unit. Do you think this is just possible a noisier machine or can it in anyway be related to the smaller lines?

I've examined the lines and don't see any place were its touching metal.

Any suggestions or things I can try?

I don't think it's the size of the lines, although there is always that possibility. It might be something as simple as moving the lines slightly. Call the installer and ask him. If it isn't too annoying, start making a list so he doesn't keep coming back for little things that can wait.

yea last thing I wanna do is become an annoying client. He recommended a compressor blanket if I found it too loud, because I told him last time, but we both thought it was just the compressor sound bothering me. Now it seems like the lines are the issue. I guess that blanket will have no effect. Is there anything that can be put on the lines to kill the sound...like a muffler?

The noise in the lines is most likely coming from the outside unit. If he didn't already do it, he might try cork/rubber pads made to absorb vibration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12