Thumbs down Hot Water/Hot handed/NOPE

Well, we don't see many of these here in Texas, but got a call today for boiler.

Get there go downstairs and walk out into crawlspace maybe 7' with ductwork, see a hot water coil disassembled with rusted out pan, laying in floor, well I had another company come out and they said it was bad and removed it because it was leaking water. I look at her and she says AHS will replace it for free right. I get measurements and take a look at coil and boiler, not very maintained and pan is very bad so, I beleive this was bad before August 2007. I call AHS and they denied claim because of lack of maintainance and installation removal done by another company not in AHS.

I tell her if she had just called us, for repairs then maybe they would have covered it, but, she is going to have the company that pulled it install a new h/w coil.
    She didn't like my price I guess..
    CH3W-65-1-WM
    69-11 =39 years old pretty good coil life.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Hope you charged her for your time, cause she was jerking you around all along.

Thumbs up yep

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    Hope you charged her for your time, cause she was jerking you around all along.
    60.00 for 15 minutes.
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

You got there, got your tools out (or at least your tape measure), knocked on the door, went downstairs, went into the crawl space, measured the coil, looked at the boiler, figured out a cost, called American Home Shield, talked to the customer, packed up your stuff, and got paid all in 15 minutes.

Man, and they say people in Texas move slow.

Not possible. AHS doesn't answer their phone in less than 15 minutes unless you are calling the number to sign up as a new customer.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    You got there, got your tools out (or at least your tape measure), knocked on the door, went downstairs, went into the crawl space, measured the coil, looked at the boiler, figured out a cost, called American Home Shield, talked to the customer, packed up your stuff, and got paid all in 15 minutes.

Man, and they say people in Texas move slow.
    Yep, I walked downstairs with my tool bag, coil was already removed from air handler with hot water/then a/c coil, measured coil 10 1/2x22x28 and walked over to small closet where the boiler was and looked a rusty pile inside is enough for me.Price was in my head $$$$$. But, I knew that she wanted a free coil by AHS because she stated that, and when the claim was denied we didn't have much to talk about other than my 60.00..Autho gave me my 60.00 dollars as she had had another AHS company before me that didn't understand boilers, but the main reason was she hired independent contractor to remove the coil and check it and wanted AHS just to replace it. Her contract started in August 2007 so 6 months , no maintainance and wanted free coil..NOPE>

A crawl space that is 7' high? Around here that is a full basement. How lucky can some guys get.