Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    410 is a no brainer. It is more efficient and it is the new standard refrigerant.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrsquid View Post
    410 is a no brainer. It is more efficient and it is the new standard refrigerant.
    Until they develop a drop in for R22.

So scroll compressors are no good? But I should go with Rheem's 410a...sorry I'm getting really confused.

I guess from what my hubby and I talked about we may go with the Rheem 410a model.

Tomorrow a friend that used to work in HVAC is coming to price out some units for us...I am thinking that he may not know about the whole 410a thing. Don't you have to be trained in 410a to be able to install it? More confusion to come. He did however mention Ducane and Rheem is what he is used to working with. He mentioned that he isn't very fond of Carrier units. I've only skimmed over the Ducane name so now I'm off to read more about it.

I don't think anyone said Scroll compressors are no good. They are the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you find someone who disagrees, hit them over the head with your purse.

Thanks. The last I heard, they were working on one, but I really don't have time to keep on top of that. I knew it was coming.

That appears to be the closest one I have found so far.

Wink

coleman has been a great product for me r-22 and 410a i would suggest who ever gives you a qoute is not just selling you something you dont need

Wink

coleman has been a great product for me r-22 and 410a i would suggest who ever gives you a qoute is not just selling you something you dont need,i would check on warranties on products and labor warranties

carrier makes a great product and was one of the first to use 410. Scroll compressors are good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12