+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testo 550 Clamp Probe Problems...

Post Likes

Confused Testo 550 Clamp Probe Problems...

I have owned my 550 manifold for about 1 & 1/2 years now. All in all I have been happy with the functionality and accuracy. The one thing that is killing me is 6 months after buying the gauges I had to send in a probe for replacement as the manifold would no longer recognize it. Now I have 2 probes that the manifold wont recognize and will be sending these in as well. I decided to bite the bullet and buy 2 more to use in the meantime. Is anyone else having this problem? The gauges get a lot of use but are vary well taken care of.... I am almost out of warranty and will be considering Fieldpiece gauges if this continues as a problem....

Thanks
    Mike

Post Likes
    I can't offer much advice for the Testo issue.

However if you are in the market for a new digital gauge manifold, Digi-Cool is worth considering as well. I have had very good luck with them.

http://www.ueitest.com/products/ac-r...ration/ak900sc

Post Likes
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will put it on the list of other possible options.

Post Likes
    I've tried Fieldpiece. Just bought a Digicool. Frigin awesome tool. Digicool is soooo much better than FP JMHI. Customer service at Trutech and Digicool is awesome too.

Post Likes

Frown

I'm in similar boat with testos really like them cept the damn clamps with their silly plugs and none of the supply houses carry them. Had one clamp go bad from a bent pin, totally apprentices fault. Took about 3 weeks to get a new one didn't even try to warrant it figured they wouldn't.

But week or two ago the other clamp just broke snapped while sitting on a pipe. SOB!!! sent that back for warranty and thinking of ordering extra clamps just to have. They are fairly spendy, and take a bit to ship in. Thinkin about tryin the digicools just cause of all the praise on this site of them, got the testos instead and like them. But might still get a digi set for a backup.

Edit: also one of the plugs for probes broke off and just rolls around in that nice hard case
    only other digitals ive used are old jbs and field piece both crap

Post Likes
    You do have to be a little careful with the digi-cool probes as well.

They are pretty durable, but you can break the wires off the probes.

Post Likes
    I'm sure you know this already but I'll say it anyways just in case.

The clamps have to plugged in before the unit is turned on or they won't be reconigsed.

Post Likes
    Yeah Eddie I figured that out like the first week. I could see how someone may think they have a bad probe of they don't plug it in first tho. We will see how long these new ones last when I get them back. I Am definitely looking into digi cool tho.

Post Likes
    Mattc I feel ur pain... None of mine have physically broke just stop taking readings. It's almost like wires inside them are not connected well and come loose easy. Just a guess...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EK99 View Post
    I have owned my 550 manifold for about 1 & 1/2 years now. All in all I have been happy with the functionality and accuracy. The one thing that is killing me is 6 months after buying the gauges I had to send in a probe for replacement as the manifold would no longer recognize it. Now I have 2 probes that the manifold wont recognize and will be sending these in as well. I decided to bite the bullet and buy 2 more to use in the meantime. Is anyone else having this problem? The gauges get a lot of use but are vary well taken care of.... I am almost out of warranty and will be considering Fieldpiece gauges if this continues as a problem....

Thanks
    Mike
    I've owned all three and currently favor the field piece....they seem to be more durable than they have been. Digicool leads break too easy. I threw the testo out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in