Mini-split for reptile room?

Hi,

I am reworking a small room to house a frog exhibit at our zoo and I would like to receive some more feedback before I "hop" in and have a system installed.

The room is 8'x8'x8' and is somewhat insulated on two walls and not insulated on the other two walls (thin wood and glass windows). The room is kind of like a wood shed and stays close to the outside temperature in Southern California which ranges from the 40's to the 90's, I need to keep this room in the 70's throughout the year night and day. The heat load from any electronics in the room is negligible.

I have heard great things about mini-split systems but one person told me the air will get "stagnant" in this small room since there is no fresh air coming in with a ductless system?? Is this a problem I should be concerned about using a mini-split in a room that is only 64 sq feet? There will be misting systems on the tanks to keep the frogs happy, is humidity in the room also going to be an issue? Is there a better alternative for heating/cooling this room? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ethan

How air tight, are you making this room. Any chance that a small vent could be put on the door. (you gotta feed the frogs don't ya)
    A mini split with inverter technology should do a good job. They can vary their capacity, so it should be able to keep the humidity in line.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Sounds like that's what you need. I doubt if the room will get that stagnant, and if it does, you can just run the fan.

The room is not very air tight and we could easily put a vent in the door or anywhere in the wall. A small fan is a good idea if there becomes a problem later on. Thanks guys!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    It could reduce the humidity lower than you wat,do you have a desired humidity.

We did a room for alligator egg incubator at a gator farm and I remember they wanted high humidity.

I do have a desired humidity in the terrariums of about 70%, but that is easy to maintain separately from the overall room humidity. Never working with one of these systems before do you think a 9k btu unit would be sufficient given our room parameters?

I recall a

Liebert unit having a steam generator to increase humidity. Mini-splits are
    great at pulling out humdity. Walk in meat locker units are better at leaving humidity in the room, but I guess you still need heating also.