Honeywell True Steam

Hi All: Has anyone taken delivery on any of the True Steam units. I have been holding off on installing a humidifier in my new home waiting for this equipment.

When I call the supply house it allways seems to be " nothing yet."

Thanks, Tom

TrueSTEAM Shipping Soon

I am happy to provide an update on TrueSTEAM.

Honeywell is scheduled to ship the first couple thousand products to market by the end of March. We have delayed the product in order to make additional enhancements to make sure the product meets your highest expectations and standards.

The product itself continues to exceed our expectations. Our enhancements have been focused on improving the consistency of proper installation. To that end, we have made further improvements to the total product experience:

o Simplified the plumbing connection to the solenoid and filter – now factory assembled to provide proper consistency in installation, saving time and reducing call backs.
    o Added an installer “cheat sheet” check-list to the top of the package to assist in product education and consistent installation accuracy.
    o Made enhancements to the on-board computer algorithm for the flushing cycle, allowing the installer to easily call for a system flush to save even more time. This also means the product discards even less water than stated prior – with 80-90% less water usage than traditional flow though humidifier solutions.

We did not desire to delay this product to market, but it has allowed us to make a great product even greater – further increasing ease of installation, increasing water efficiency and making sure there is a consistent and accurate application and installation.

TrueSTEAM is a great product solution and demand has been extremely strong. The backlog is nearing our first full year forecast on the product. It is likely it that it may be into May/June before we fully clear our backlog.

As I am sure you appreciate, we do not want to risk the reputation of our industry partners by shipping a product to market before we can make sure both the product and its installation provide a consistently great experience. We appreciate your patience during this time and your ongoing support of Honeywell.

Honeywell dude - I personally like Honeywell products in general. Getting insider information like this is awesome. But do you really have to sound like a commercial?

Point Taken, Thanks for Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Irascible View Post
    Honeywell dude - I personally like Honeywell products in general. Getting insider information like this is awesome. But do you really have to sound like a commercial?

Sorry - I actually cut and pasted an official communication we had on the product.

As a top manufacturer, we do tend to “over think” communications to make sure they are properly positioned, stated and accurate. It is hard to break out of the "corporate speak."

Guilty as charged…

Regardless, glad to have you on here

Welcome aboard. Glad to see you here. Reg used to be on here, and was able to answer some of our questions.