Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Heat pump reset

By all means, please do! I'd hate to think there is only 1 person in this whole wide world that has the answer and he loves CAVES?

Quote Originally Posted by wrench tech View Post
    By all means, please do! I'd hate to think there is only 1 person in this whole wide world that has the answer and he loves CAVES?
    you have mail
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrsquid View Post
    I have been using all ICM boards on the rheems. They have worked fine
    Thanks.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckweasel View Post
    Reply to Dash: This unit has been operating for 11 years - I don't think it is a ductwork problem.
    Never know,did you look at it?

There has been no freon added or subtracted since the unit was installed 11 years ago. This is the first time I have had it serviced (my bad).

It has been over 2 days now and the unit has not tripped out. Although it has been a little warmer out, nothing else has changed but the parts already changed: contactor, defrost board and sensor.

I have not called anyone else out yet (don't know who to call) and will wait to see if problem is over.

However, the unit still seems to me to be making more noise than it used to - a loud hissing noise that I can't seem to locate while it is heating. I put it in cooling mode and it runs much quieter.
    Low indoor air flow ,like the duct size,or a dirty indoor coil,will cause this,after 11 years,no service,dirty coil.

I thought the coils were clean inside and out. If no service for 11 years how is that possible?.

Heat pump reset

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrsquid View Post
    I thought the coils were clean inside and out. If no service for 11 years how is that possible?.
    It does not take a tech to change filters and keep coils clean. But I'm sure there are things I missed by not having it serviced, and I'm probably paying the piper now. Like I said, my bad.

The info you all have shared will help me have an intelligent talk with the next tech I have out.

Thanks!

It does not take a tech to change filters and keep coils clean. But I'm sure there are things I missed by not having it serviced, and I'm probably paying the piper now. Like I said, my bad.

The info you all have shared will help me have an intelligent talk with the next tech I have out.

Thanks!
    It wouldn't be unusual to have a dirty and clogged coil after 11 years ,with standard filters ,no matter how often you changed them.

Consider it ,advice offered free,and no gain for for us.

Heat pump reset

There has been no freon added or subtracted since the unit was installed 11 years ago. This is the first time I have had it serviced (my bad).

It has been over 2 days now and the unit has not tripped out. Although it has been a little warmer out, nothing else has changed but the parts already changed: contactor, defrost board and sensor.

I have not called anyone else out yet (don't know who to call) and will wait to see if problem is over.

However, the unit still seems to me to be making more noise than it used to - a loud hissing noise that I can't seem to locate while it is heating. I put it in cooling mode and it runs much quieter.
    Unit has run a week now without tripping out. Guess either the defrost board / sensor or the contactor was the problem. Noise must be normal operation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234