Hmm question about promax

a month ago I bought a promax recovery machine from a seller on ebay. everything was fine until i notice that refrigerant was leaking from the inlet and outlet when the valves were in the close position. instead of returning the item to the seller for a refund, i decided to fix it by replacing the whole manifold. I had no problem removing the old manifold and installing the new manifold. I pressure tested with air to 400 psig the first time and the second time to 500 psig the second time. both times the pressure swithes shut off the recovery machine like thay were designed to do. later i pressure tested to 100psig with r11. however, the leaking problem continued from the inlet and outlet. i replaced the whole manifold, butthe inlet and outlet leaks out refrigerant when the valves are close. my question is: did i damage the manifold when i installed the inlet and outlet to the manifold by over tighting. or was it the pressure test. can this problem be fix without buying a new manifold. plaese help.

Quote Originally Posted by clothe View Post
    a month ago I bought a promax recovery machine from a seller on ebay. everything was fine until i notice that refrigerant was leaking from the inlet and outlet when the valves were in the close position. instead of returning the item to the seller for a refund, i decided to fix it by replacing the whole manifold. I had no problem removing the old manifold and installing the new manifold. I pressure tested with air to 400 psig the first time and the second time to 500 psig the second time. both times the pressure swithes shut off the recovery machine like thay were designed to do. later i pressure tested to 100psig with r11. however, the leaking problem continued from the inlet and outlet. i replaced the whole manifold, butthe inlet and outlet leaks out refrigerant when the valves are close. my question is: did i damage the manifold when i installed the inlet and outlet to the manifold by over tighting. or was it the pressure test. can this problem be fix without buying a new manifold. plaese help.
    we have these at my school and we noticed that it was also leaking at the outlet value, but it just turns out that it was just loose and we tighten it with a screwdriver.

I had one of the original versions, leaks through both packings. Amprobe had a rebuild kit for it. I got tired of mine leaking in the closed position so I bought a couple of those short hoses with the valves on them and left the handles alone. Made it a little bit easier to work with after that too. Now I have an Appion, compact, easy to use , and much faster than any of the Promax units.

...Ron
    Roof Rat