Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VisionPro 8000 holding Temp Issue

I have a Vision pro 8000 2 stage stat w/ a Trane XV 90 Furnace..When the stat switches to our night set-point 72 @ 6:00pm. It holds the temp in all rooms within 1 degree and it calls for heat quite often to maintain that temp, and thats comfortable for us and our 2 girls, but as it gets later in the night it seem that the stat doesn't call for heat that often and the rooms drop down to a 3 degree difference...( the temp outside is the same ) is this normal for this stat? or if i switch to the White Rodgers 90 Series will I get a tighter temp range to the set point?
    I have a forced air sytem
    The stat always reads 72 and is in the hall
    Thanks
    Rock142

Not really.
    What temp is your day temp.
    Do the bedrooms have their own returns.
    During the day, are the rooms within 1* of the rest of the house.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

That's a pretty good thermostat. I'd start looking at other issues. Look at heat loss through the walls, doors being closed, TV or light on near the thermostat, or even on the other side of the thermostat wall. Do you keep doors closed at night. Try running the blower fan to see if the heat evens out. People tend to blame the thermostat for a lot of things. Unless you have remote sensors, the thermostat doesn't know what temperature the other rooms are.

Thanks for your help... I do have returns in every rooms....and the temp during the day is about 2 degrees off......I keep the doors closed @ night thinking it will mantain the heat longer in the rooms without pushing warm air in the hall making the t-stat reach set point quicker....There is no light on in the hall...It seems that the hallway is hotter then the rest of the house...I quess another alternative is to raise the temp one degree or will changeing the display temp off set # ( #700 in advanced options) to -1 be the same as raising the temp one degree......Why wouldnt it maintain the same temp through out the night and run just as long as the begining of night if the temp outside stay the same 20-25 drgrees.......So I guss its not the t-stat and how would you compare the Honeywell Vision Pro 800 to the White Rodgers 90 series, The same t-stat? which woyld you guys prefer in your Home?
    One more thing I do have very good airflow in each rooms

Thanks Rock142

You keep the doors closed at night, which does mantain the heat in the rooms longer, but it also allows for no circulation in the hallway. The hallway is hotter then the rest of the house, so the thermostat never calls for heat.

Don't raise the temperature just to make the bedrooms warmer, just open the bedroom doors or turn the thermostat fan switch to "on".

What temp do you have the stat set for during the day.
    Try leaving the bedroom doors open tonight. See if it changes the temp in the rooms.
    You might want to try setting the fan recirc feature to on during the night.
    Contractor locator map

The temp during the day is set to 69, we like it warmer @ night, should I raise the day temp a bit to keep the house warmer during the day and maybe help out @ night...I will keep the doors open tonight and set the fan to on or circ...Thanks for your help I will let you know how things go.....

Any more suggestion?

And how about The Vision Pro 8000 vs the White Rodgers 90 Series are they the same or ones got an edge over the other ..Let me know

Thanks
    Rock142

It's not the stat. I believe, as previously posted by someone, the doors being closed is the culprit. Changing the temp off-set on the stat doesn't seem like a very good idea to me. Kinda like setting your alarm clock ahead so you won't be late for work. That one never worked for me!!

One more thing - With a variable speed blower, and that stat, "fan circulate" will run the blower about 1/3 of the time, and "fan on" will run the blower constant at 50%.

I would put the stat in the master BR.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

If the doors needs to be closed, run then fan ON, I run ours ON all the time, and it helps even out the air temp though out the home.. but I run our heat down to 60˚ at night.

Hands down on the Honeywell.. I've owned the TH8320 for 2 years, and upgraded to the IAQ last year.

I'd only move the stat to the master bedroom if it were a zoned system. Closing the master bedroom door can make the rest of the house really cold at night. I've moved thermostats from the master bedroom to a central hallway for people with small homes and one zone.

Its the recovering from 69 to 72 that makes the bedrooms stay warm early at night.
    The walls take a while to get to 72, even though the air temp near the stat is 72. So the stat cycles a couple times until the wall and other objects in the house are up to temp.
    After everything is up to temp, your bedrooms lose heat quicker then the area teh stat is in, so the bedrooms become cooler then hte rest of the house.

The fan recirc feature should help to minimize this.

The Vision Pro stats are as good if not better then the WR stats. I doubt that the stat is the problem.
    Contractor locator map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast