Return duct s.o.p.

Return duct s.o.p.

How many techs reverse the installation direction of metal duct joints for the return vs. the supply? so the slip joints are consistant with the direction of air flow.

Anyone ever had a city inspector write-up foil tape that does not have the apropiate ul label printed on it?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Yes on one,no on two.

To be clear,we use labeled tap,and you would get tagged without it.
    Last edited by dash; 02-25-2008 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks Dash

Unfortunately I did not get as nice of a job as I had hoped. I'm eating it, 7K worth. It will be torn out tomorrow and started fresh. No one wants to fallow this job up and the bids are crazy high unless it is removed.

I have an inspector that loves to crawl under houses and will not pass un-labeled products.

Yes I have had tape failed for no label.

Quote Originally Posted by mlo1 View Post
    Thanks Dash

Unfortunately I did not get as nice of a job as I had hoped. I'm eating it, 7K worth. It will be torn out tomorrow and started fresh. No one wants to fallow this job up and the bids are crazy high unless it is removed.

I have an inspector that loves to crawl under houses and will not pass un-labeled products.
    Yeah, you've certainly had less than a pleasant experience. While I'm glad to read that the inspector is turning down items that aren't listed and approved. Based upon your previous post the current situation leaves room for a reasonable person to be chary.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    Yeah, you've certainly had less than a pleasant experience. While I'm glad to read that the inspector is turning down items that aren't listed and approved. Based upon your previous post the current situation leaves room for a reasonable person to be chary.
    I'm pretty chary most of the time