Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

warranties

Quote Originally Posted by buccaneers View Post
    Thank you for the quick response.

City and State - Tampa, FL
    Trane $600
    Carrier $1100 + Tampa Electric $250
    Both units are 16 Seer and both come with the programmable thermostat. The Carrier has 9.0 HSPF and the Trane has 9.2 HSPF.
    The standard warranty on the Carrier is 10/10/10 and the Trane is 2/10/10.
    Not sure about the BTU's and the other information.
    I have never seen a 10 year parts and labor as a standard warranty !
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

by the way the model number of the infinity control is SYSTXCCUIDO1-B currently running software version 14. The features that the infinity system not only offers you the user but to us technicians as well is well worth the additional investment. Also, if you can shell out the extra dough you might want to consider jumping up to a higher SEER rated 19 seer, I think you're going for a heat pump right. Also with the Air Handler, MN FE4ANF... the infinity control is the only thermostat you can use, there is no low voltage terminal block. Besides Superdehumidification, selectable continuous fan speed, total integration of all indoor air quality accessories you may have (and you should have some), and user friendliness, no thermostat offers more information to the technician as the infinity control. One last thing, if you have natural gas at your home (which you may not seeing you have a heat pump) and you live in a climate that gets cold in the winter, you may want to consider going with a dual fuel setup. If you have question about what that is someone will be happy to explain for you. Hope this helps.

PS as to the warranty no one offers "standard" a 10 year warranty they might be adding it into the cost of the changeout
    Last edited by addamsmasher; 03-20-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something

Quote Originally Posted by addamsmasher View Post
    ... One last thing, if you have natural gas at your home (which you may not seeing you have a heat pump) and you live in a climate that gets cold in the winter, you may want to consider going with a dual fuel setup....
    He mentioned in an earlier post that he is in Tampa, FL, so not terribly cold in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by airmanmod View Post
    carrier is a much better piece of equipment any day of the week.
    its really not that hard to stop a trane!!!
    What things do you prefer about the Carrier Infinity (aside from the tstat) when compared to the Trane XL16i?

I like the Carrier also sell Trane on alot of single stage stuff. But as a SYSTEM,it is always INFINITY it is alot more then a control.Calling it a thermostat is like calling the GRAND CANYON a hole in the ground
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by heatpumpguru View Post
    I like the Carrier also sell Trane on alot of single stage stuff. But as a SYSTEM,it is always INFINITY it is alot more then a control.Calling it a thermostat is like calling the GRAND CANYON a hole in the ground
    Amen

I like the Carrier also sell Trane on alot of single stage stuff. But as a SYSTEM,it is always INFINITY it is alot more then a control....
    I am sometimes a little slow on update, but I am starting to get that idea.

I'm starting to feel like Carrier should start paying me as much as I'm touting their equipment. Look, hands down the Infinity system is the most user friendly, and cutting edge system in the res. market. Why? First of all if you have IAQ products you should be running your fan continuously or even if you just want to circulate air no other thermostat (carrier wants us to call their control the User Interface) that allows you to control the speed of the fan apart from the logic of the circuit board/ECM module, also you can control your humidifier from the Infinity control no need for a seperate humidistat. Secondly, besides the Honeywell Pro IAQ (which I love too) there isn't any other stat that I know of that allows for cooling humidity control. I don't know how Honeywells works but the Infinity Control can slow the air across the evaporator by about 30% to really attack the latent heat load that exists in most homes during the summer months. NOBODY ELSE IS DOING THIS.

the quality of the installation is the best unit or contractor to go with
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by addamsmasher View Post
    I'm starting to feel like Carrier should start paying me as much as I'm touting their equipment. Look, hands down the Infinity system is the most user friendly, and cutting edge system in the res. market. Why? First of all if you have IAQ products you should be running your fan continuously or even if you just want to circulate air no other thermostat (carrier wants us to call their control the User Interface) that allows you to control the speed of the fan apart from the logic of the circuit board/ECM module, also you can control your humidifier from the Infinity control no need for a seperate humidistat. Secondly, besides the Honeywell Pro IAQ (which I love too) there isn't any other stat that I know of that allows for cooling humidity control. I don't know how Honeywells works but the Infinity Control can slow the air across the evaporator by about 30% to really attack the latent heat load that exists in most homes during the summer months. NOBODY ELSE IS DOING THIS.
    You got that brother,last year we got ground braking numbers all I got was a cruise
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

I at least got a system out of them,25hna660 and 58uvb120-20 with Arzel 4 zone system with Heatpump Pro board with 4 Thermidistats and Infinity filter. My home is more comfortable and cheaper to run, then with the 2 stage v-speed GEO pump and dump I took out.

I at least got a system out of them,25hna660 and 58uvb120-20 with Arzel 4 zone system with Heatpump Pro board with 4 Thermidistats and Infinity filter. My home is more comfortable and cheaper to run, then with the 2 stage v-speed GEO pump and dump I took out.
    Nice... I have to ask though: why not Infinity zoning?

I would have to DESTROYED drywalled basement ceiling to redo with trunkline dampers. I could get to most of the runouts,I do have 4 REGGIE DAMPERS andI set it up to add 5th zone for a room above my garage next year.The house is PERFECT,zero swings at all.I had INIFINTY 25hna960 in here,and ARZEL could not crack the code.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast