Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    For your comparison:

Live in 1700 sq. ranch in Middle TN. All electric, non-insulated crawl space, non-insulated floors, 3 ton heat pump, 2 adults, 1 teenager. KWH last month was 1690.

Post Likes
    Also should mentioned we keep the thermostat set at 72 degrees, 24/7.

Post Likes
    Server s;ow Tenn is warmer is warmer I think , Floor ins sounds like a good way to go. Was the builder endorsed by your local Electric comany

Post Likes
    i also live in Southern Missouri and I am a licensed HVAC contractor. The first thing that always comes to mind when a customer calls with a high energy bill, especially with a heat pump is that something is probably wrong with the outdoor unit.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the responses guys. Fisher01, I would think perhaps it has been warmer where you are at, but i am not sure. I was also able to compare with another house that has an uninsulated crawl space, and is 200 sq feet smaller than mine. They also take more steps to save than I do (unplug everything, unscrew light bulbs in the kitchen, etc, an their bill was only $10 less than mine! I am starting to think this is the nature of a house with a crawl space, or perhaps an uninsulated crawl space?

Post Likes
    Uninsulated crawlspace is getting both of you.

Don't forget. The same HVAC contractor may have put that other system in also.
    2 bad installs don't make him right.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234