Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    For your comparison:

Live in 1700 sq. ranch in Middle TN. All electric, non-insulated crawl space, non-insulated floors, 3 ton heat pump, 2 adults, 1 teenager. KWH last month was 1690.

Also should mentioned we keep the thermostat set at 72 degrees, 24/7.

Server s;ow Tenn is warmer is warmer I think , Floor ins sounds like a good way to go. Was the builder endorsed by your local Electric comany

i also live in Southern Missouri and I am a licensed HVAC contractor. The first thing that always comes to mind when a customer calls with a high energy bill, especially with a heat pump is that something is probably wrong with the outdoor unit.

Thanks for the responses guys. Fisher01, I would think perhaps it has been warmer where you are at, but i am not sure. I was also able to compare with another house that has an uninsulated crawl space, and is 200 sq feet smaller than mine. They also take more steps to save than I do (unplug everything, unscrew light bulbs in the kitchen, etc, an their bill was only $10 less than mine! I am starting to think this is the nature of a house with a crawl space, or perhaps an uninsulated crawl space?

Uninsulated crawlspace is getting both of you.

Don't forget. The same HVAC contractor may have put that other system in also.
    2 bad installs don't make him right.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234