CCN to Ethernet converter box

CCN to Ethernet converter box

We have a new customer with 3 two-story buildings (all set up identical) in the same complex. The buildings are from the 80's (and running dual pressure pneumatics ) but the roof top units were replaced about 4 years ago. Each floor has one 60 ton Carrier gas pack (2 units per building). The units are controlled by a CCN to Ethernet converter box. There is one box per building to control the 2 RTUs. I am able to connect via a dial-up connection to each converter. I have a couple of questions on this set up.

Can the converter act as stand-alone controller? (The units have ComfortLink controls) or should there be a controller somewhere in the complex? I looked everywhere for a CCN controller but could not find one. The only connections on the converters are a phone line, the COM1 and ofcourse power.

I tried to direct connect to the controller using a null modem cable but nothing happens. I made my cable connections and hit "enter" like the manual said but nothing happens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acbandit_328 View Post
    We have a new customer with 3 two-story buildings (all set up identical) in the same complex. The buildings are from the 80's (and running dual pressure pneumatics ) but the roof top units were replaced about 4 years ago. Each floor has one 60 ton Carrier gas pack (2 units per building). The units are controlled by a CCN to Ethernet converter box. There is one box per building to control the 2 RTUs. I am able to connect via a dial-up connection to each converter. I have a couple of questions on this set up.

Can the converter act as stand-alone controller? (The units have ComfortLink controls) or should there be a controller somewhere in the complex? I looked everywhere for a CCN controller but could not find one. The only connections on the converters are a phone line, the COM1 and ofcourse power.

I tried to direct connect to the controller using a null modem cable but nothing happens. I made my cable connections and hit "enter" like the manual said but nothing happens.

Thanks
    The ethernet converter only converts CCN protocol from RS485 to run over ethernet, it is not a controller. It sounds like if the converter only has a phone line connector, com1 and power it is a Telink dialup module!! Can you get model numbers from the items you are talking about so more investigations can be done??

Aus..

Yes. I'll get model #s today. What all do I need? RTU model #?

Yes. I'll get model #s today. What all do I need? RTU model #?
    No I dont require the RTU model #s only the CCN boxes.

that's the thing....I can't find any other CCN boxes. It looks like the CCN-to-ethernet converter is connected directly to the ComfortLink controls on the RTU. Should I have a controller somewhere? or can the CNN-to-ethernet converter be used just to look at the ComfortLink controls on the RTU via a dial-up connection?

If you are able to connect to the system via dialup I assume that you are doing this using Comfortview or Servicetool software!! if this is the case then it is most likely a Telink modem connected to both units on each building. Info on both the Telink & ethernet converter are attached:-
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aus...when I click on your pdf attachments, I only get a blank page. Do you know the website where I can download the attachments from?

Also....when I dial into the systems, I use a network connection on my computer and then I use my web browser to connect. When I connect, I get the Carrier CCNWeb page and I can see the 2 RTUs. Does this mean I should have a CCNWeb controller somewhere?

Aus...when I click on your pdf attachments, I only get a blank page. Do you know the website where I can download the attachments from?

Also....when I dial into the systems, I use a network connection on my computer and then I use my web browser to connect. When I connect, I get the Carrier CCNWeb page and I can see the 2 RTUs. Does this mean I should have a CCNWeb controller somewhere?
    Yep, if you get the CCNWeb screen up you definately got a CCNWeb somewhere. Put your email in your profile and I will email you the docs.

Aus..

Aus, I think you are right. I think Telink. Here are the numbers on the back of the box: 3504N029807 00-02-52-00-0E-9C. Thanks!

my e-mail address in now on my profile.

Thanks