Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

why make it so difficult???

I went on a no heat call the other day, got the furnace going, and was leaving the mechanical room. I noticed the door for the water heater was laying in the floor. The w/h was fairly new, I leaned over to put the cover on the w/h and smelled gas. So I get the HO and my Big Blue bubbles, I knew where one leak would be, But I checked the other fittings as well.

It's a wonder some peoples' ignorance doesn't get them killed.
    iso
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I never let schooling interfere with my education... Mark Twain

You would have gotten blamed if you hadn't noticed it
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Dang Iso, you carry a TAG light around on service calls?
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Again with the people almost getting blown up... Unfortunately, gas is very common here in Europe, especially in the Nederlands with all the off-shore rigs, but electricity is much safer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by karsthuntr View Post
    Dang Iso, you carry a TAG light around on service calls?
    I wouldn't know whats a TAG light?? If your refering to my flashlight then I guess so

iso

Quote Originally Posted by ISOTHERMAL View Post
    I wouldn't know whats a TAG light?? If your refering to my flashlight then I guess so

iso
    The TAG light was developed by cavers in the TN, AL, and GA area. It is used primarily in TAG. TAG area caves have very large rooms and the cord does not get wrapped around the formations. In other areas of the country the TAG light is not very functional. The TAG light is an adaption of the old Wheat Light that was used in coal mining.

You may have a Wheat Lamp, it is hard to tell just seeing the head. Most cavers call the style of light a TAG light, no matter who makes it.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Quote Originally Posted by karsthuntr View Post
    The TAG light was developed by cavers in the TN, AL, and GA area. It is used primarily in TAG. TAG area caves have very large rooms and the cord does not get wrapped around the formations. In other areas of the country the TAG light is not very functional. The TAG light is an adaption of the old Wheat Light that was used in coal mining.

You may have a Wheat Lamp, it is hard to tell just seeing the head. Most cavers call the style of light a TAG light, no matter who makes it.
    O.K. we call them wheat lamps mostly coonhunters use them. This one is about 14yrs old. my other one is around 18yrs old bought them for froggin' but use them for huntin', fishin' but they are real good for work also. It gets charged about once every 2 wks.

iso

They should have use more teflon tape

I'm glad techs like you go the extra mile to prevent the unsuspecting folks from from themselves. It is techs like you that go the extra mile to maintain their customer cumfort and safety that I aspire to. Not just a suck up post.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

My personal rule of thumb for flare fittings- If a flare fitting leaks, you've done it wrong. Teflon tape is not the cure.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Thumbs down

Try to make a 3/4" female into 1/2" male , why didn't he just get the right size for the flex line..LAZY>>plumber..
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

WOW.... And I thought those ugly flex things are bad enough as is.

Hmmmmmmmmm! I wonder if that plumber's favorite saying is "Kill You Dead"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast