Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Somebody goofed up.

Its a door. Not worthwhile getting this excited about it.
    Maybe ask for a $25.00 refund.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Is this the right equipment for the application.

Its a poor door design.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

It looks like someone tried to replace a lowboy furnace with one that has the blower under it. It may be a poor design, but that doesn't excuse sloppy workmanship.

The design of the door is not the problem, lack of code and installation techniques is the problem. You are not suppose to install B vent directly to the elbow or for that matter any single wall pipe. A single wall to B vent adaptor is required to be used. Since this is required by code the hole was sized in an attempt to make sure the proper fitting was used. If this is done the hole is the correct size and there will be no problems.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    It looks like someone tried to replace a lowboy furnace with one that has the blower under it. It may be a poor design, but that doesn't excuse sloppy workmanship.
    looks like you've been HACKED
    I never installed this furnace, hindsight's 20/20,but you're contractor should be happy to replace this door

They do need to be trimmed a bit. Otherwise they pull that cheapo nut out of the main furnace housing, which is generally garbage at that point and the door falls off or you have to reconstruct something to get it to stay on. The dude did get a little aggressive on the trimming. He could have used a flue starter and avoided that. I wouldn't worry about the looks of it. Get him to give you a couple of free filters and be done with it.

I will end my comments here with this "A Picture Says A Thousand Words" would anyone in there right mind want to spend thousands to have someone do this to there new purchase? call it poor door design or justify it anyway you want, it does reflect and will reflect on the company that installed it, that furnace installation would not end up at my home looking like that.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I will end my comments here with this "A Picture Says A Thousand Words" would anyone in there right mind want to spend thousands to have someone do this to there new purchase? call it poor door design or justify it anyway you want, it does reflect and will reflect on the company that installed it, that furnace installation would not end up at my home looking like that.
    My first thought was...wonder what the rest of the venting/job looks like?
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way you are a mile from them and have their shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Twilli says your right and that is a sad looking installation. Twilli is glad Coleman doesn't do those kind of things.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

come on guys, he was just making sure the hole was big enough!

probably qualifies for the wall of shame!

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says your right and that is a sad looking installation. Twilli is glad Coleman doesn't do those kind of things.
    Aren't front covers an extra option with a Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    Aren't front covers an extra option with a Coleman.

Only if you want to cover the logs, but most folks prefer to see the logs burning.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast