Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Highly, highly unlikely. The furnace will die many years before it would happen, if at all.
    Exactly,no worries here!

Well believe it or not I saw this happen once "without" the hole being cut out when the evap. overflowed and the platform below sunk about an inch cut a nice little slice in it, don't know how long it took but the system was not that old, but yea maybe your right, but still back to answering the OP question it's shotty work and should have never been cut out like that. He really did not ask about any worries he asked about is this acceptable workmanship and my answer is no. Go buy you a new car and have them cut out your fender wells to accept taller tires because they did not have tires to fit are you going to accept that?
    Last edited by Mr Bill; 02-23-2008 at 01:30 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I don't know why they cut the side of that door on that carrier unit. All it is is a knock out, I guess they were a little too short on the B vent

Quote Originally Posted by diverus View Post
    I don't know why they cut the side of that door on that carrier unit. All it is is a knock out, I guess they were a little too short on the B vent
    No worries.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Well believe it or not I saw this happen once "without" the hole being cut out when the evap. overflowed and the platform below sunk about an inch cut a nice little slice in it, don't know how long it took but the system was not that old, but yea maybe your right, but still back to answering the OP question it's shotty work and should have never been cut out like that. He really did not ask about any worries he asked about is this acceptable workmanship and my answer is no. Go buy you a new car and have them cut out your fender wells to accept taller tires because they did not have tires to fit are you going to accept that?
    i agree with that.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

b-vent won't fit through those knockouts.If the inspectors won't allow single wall connectors outside the cabinet you wouldn't have a choice.
    Take your time & do it right!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by markwolf View Post
    b-vent won't fit through those knockouts.If the inspectors won't allow single wall connectors outside the cabinet you wouldn't have a choice.
    Exactly!Sounds like the voice of experience!

Mark if you did not know better would you accept that at your home? and also it's poor at the very least for a mfg. to build something that has to be cut out like that to work very poor.

of course we are talking about the same mfg that when you order an indoor coil you have to re-use everything from the old one, won't even send a new drain pan!!! or when replacing a leaking OD liquid service valve, expects you to re-use that piston assembly that always get knicked and scratched when try'n to remove and won't seal to the (still using) flare fittings and leaky threaded connnections!!! or get inside the panels and looks like the bean counters got a major dicount on yellow and pink wire at the local hardware store. sorry just had to get that off my chest... but at least they finaly ditched the "king" valves' or are they coming back?? just never been a big fan
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by markwolf View Post
    I have gotten the B-vent to fit but hard as hell to try to line up the door. If you read the manuel if you vent from the side you must use B-vent not from the top you don't and you have to use vent in a downflow situation also. I agree though B-vent is very tough in this situation.

Here in los angeles(some areas) they do allow a piece of single wall just to make the transition coming out of the furnace

No, that's not acceptable workmanship, plain and simple. Call the company. They should bring a new door. Don't let them zip screw a piece of sheet metal over the hole or use foil duct tape (which I have seen). Not familiar with this model, but it doesn't even look like there was a knock out there originally.

On the bright side, at least the guy knew that the smoke pipe had to go up hill.

Twilli says we don't need NATE we need SMACNA.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast