Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Send the pictures to whoever may be responsible for giving these goof balls a license to practice hvac work.
    I dont do that. I'm always just happy my competition is SOOOOO stupid. Keeps my checkbook fat.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

From the looks of the ht ex Lennox may not take it back. In our area Trane sometimes will not take them if they look like there is an air flow problem.

This is great. I save these pics to show students how not to install. These definately go on the list. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lassie View Post
    This is great. I save these pics to show students how not to install. These definately go on the list. Thanks
    No problem

ahh so giant air restrictive cardboard installation instructions and screws and the like aren't supposed to be wedged back into the coil before slapping it on top of the furnace??? lol these guys must be pushing the fiberglass filters ...

why replace furnace when hx was still under warranty??????
    I know this thread is a little old, but...

On a Lennox G-23 (that is what model started the thread), I would ask the HO if they would consider replacement of the furnace to go up to high eff., and because most G-23's with all original parts would probably need: a new ignition control to replace the Johnson control one, a new blower cap, and quite often a new board (caused by the weak cap). (I've seen all of the above on one furnace. $1300 later, one person had me fix it .)

Then tell them that I would HAPPILY replace the HE for them if they would like. (3 or 4 hours flat-rate time for a very easy replacement.)

I always like to give the customers their options. Future repairs on an old pos furnace, or a new one with a warranty. Sold a lot of new equipment this way. No pressure, just options.

And a second thank you for the pics. I also show these to students to show them the right vs wrong way.

Did anyone ever complain of increasing headaches, lightheadedness or not feeling well? For a few dollars more, I will sell you this little red button to help keep the furnace running...!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123