Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

resetting flame roll out

Hope these pics come out if not I will resend them. Went on a call last saturday lady had a contractor out like 3 times within 2 weeks. She called me and I went out there lady explained that she has to keep resetting the flame roll out switch She explained that she mentioned this to other contractor and all they did was replace parts every time they came out. They told her to keep resetting flame roll out switch and to keep calling them back but they were charging her for each time they came back and still wasn't fixing problem. They also said her filter was restricting air flow. As I was watching her burners burn the blower fan came on and was shooting flames back out of furnace here is why and why they said her filter was restricting air flow.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

[QUOTE=mrlighturfire;1769725]

they said her filter was restricting air flow.

They were correct, all filters restrict all flow.................

Thats a nice little crack in the heat exchanger.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

The box laying on top of heat exchanger is what I found when I replaced furnace in between the evaporator coil. Wonder why heat exchanger cracked and had poor air flow This was a Lennox 14 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlighturfire View Post
    The box laying on top of heat exchanger is what I found when I replaced furnace in between the evaporator coil. Wonder why heat exchanger cracked and had poor air flow This was a Lennox 14 years old.
    Ah is that one of those new fangled things that keep the heat exchanger from "rattleling"?

That is just sad, that someone would leave something on top of that.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

Dang...14 years! Dem lemmox units sure are tough.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Did you send the pictures to the other contractor? lol
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Did you send the pictures to the other contractor? lol
    No but I just can't believe the contractor or the tech would just tell her to keep resetting the flame roll out. That should had been a good indication that something is majorly wrong. She said the tech did call his boss a couple of times maybe he is new in the field. But they replaced ignition module and flame sensor and roll out switch. Not sure what HO is going to do about the money they lost. I am going to keep the furnace in my garage for awhile just in case they need hard fact evidence. Not sure if company will reimburse her or not my thoughts are no.

Send the pictures to whoever may be responsible for giving these goof balls a license to practice hvac work.
    R2B4BTU

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Send the pictures to whoever may be responsible for giving these goof balls a license to practice hvac work.

I had a call very similar to this. After I replaced the heat exchanger I brought it up to the previous service company carried it in the door and asked to speak to the service manager. Told him that his service man missed this twice. His response to me was "You can change heat exchangers?". The good news is they refunded the customers money and went out of business 6 months later. This company was the small company of the year by the BBB.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlighturfire View Post
    I'm slow this morning, I don't understand the box picture. You found this contraption in the system? What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    I'm slow this morning, I don't understand the box picture. You found this contraption in the system? What is it?
    Yea the box was left on top of the heat exchanger between the A-coil this is a upflow furnace so this box of parts had been in the system on top heat exchanger for 14 years when the furnace was installed. They have a cheap pleated filter not 3M and her contractors kept passing the bad airflow onto the filter. I am not sure if A/C ever froze up on her or not she never mentioned it. I am calling her today and see how things are working out for her with the new furnace. I take it no one ever checked the A-coil at any time in the 14 years that would explain why A-coil was pretty clean.

why replace furnace when hx was still under warranty??????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast