Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Sweat Solder Copper Pipes

http://www.comstarproducts.com/uploa...5422343750.pdf

Has anyone tried this product. Sounds like something you would be sorry you used down the line.

Interesting. I would be leary about it myself although very curious at the same time. Just wondering how long it would hold up if it does actually work.

I dont think so.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

I saw that stuff(or similar) at Menards one day, I think this summer I will experiment with it(outside) and see if it holds up for more than 20 minutes. Still don't think I would trust it in a customers house,just look at pvc glue, dries up and gets brittle after 20 yrs you have leaky joints.
    You can't fix stupid

Goop (I think?) has something, and we have it in our store, and I don't think they are selling very well, they were brought back by the vendor.

def. not good for 410a
    also prolly not for r-22
    ....... i'll have to pass!!!!!!1

Unhappy

I would like to see the MSDS for this stuff. Sounds like some version of Super glue or Gorilla glue. Ought to make for some interesting conversation when used on a R-410a system and it lets loose.

There was a similar thread a little while back. I would not use it every day but would like to try it and maybe keep it in the truck for those times when you dont have the time to rip everyyhing apart to fix it right. An example would be Txv in Bangor door case where every thing is so tight you have to pull the coil to keep from setting case on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by tgohdes View Post
    I would like to see the MSDS for this stuff. Sounds like some version of Super glue or Gorilla glue. Ought to make for some interesting conversation when used on a R-410a system and it lets loose.

http://www.comstarproducts.com/uploa...copperlock.pdf

I'm pretty sure this stuff is used over in Europe. Maybe someone from across the pond will write in.

For the supermarket guys out there remenber the Hussman aluminum evaporators with copper stubs glued in, only time I had one fail was when my torch got to close and melted the glue.

no way

Looks like a DIY product.

Probably can get this stuff in the front shelves a Hacker Depot or Blowes. You won't every find that crap on my truck. It wont be too long before I run into a homeowner that has glued their stuff together with this stuff. When I have to repair it right it will cost them. Job security in a bottle.
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
    ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

I had to change the comp in my fridge over the summer and I figured while I had it down, I would check/clean the EC while I was at it. The first thing I noticed was the fittings on the evap were all glued with this orange crap. Same thing on the Cond coil underneath, all glued together. (Comp, cap tubes, useless "spun copper" fil/drier, and all other piping was brazed however.)

Personally, sweating/brazing pipe is the most basic skill in our trade. I don't think any wonder glues are going to change my ways too easily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast