+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drooping

Post Likes

Drooping

Think there might be some stress on this outdoor coil? The corners on each end of dropped 1/2 inch.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Gotta love the "Economy" option for the duct water proofing. LMAO. Must have been done by Hacker are Us!!!!!
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Post Likes

Frown

Looks like they at least put in flex connectors on the ducts (wonder if that was for noise transmission from the CFM rattling?). Oh for the lack of 2 8 ft.
    4" x 4"s

Post Likes
    I can't believe that just sitting there that thing would distort that much. Must have been dropped in by the crane operator. Maybe there was nobody on the roof watching and he just hit the release lever and let it drop from a couple of feet high. What a hack job! Heat 'Em & Cheat 'Em, Inc. no doubt.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skippedover View Post
    I can't believe that just sitting there that thing would distort that much. Must have been dropped in by the crane operator. Maybe there was nobody on the roof watching and he just hit the release lever and let it drop from a couple of feet high. What a hack job! Heat 'Em & Cheat 'Em, Inc. no doubt.
    Three of these units were installed at the same time. This is the only one where the skids are mounted this way. Each year it droops more so I'm going back this week, I think, with my toe jack and put some 4x6 under each side. Hope the coil doesn't break.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Post Likes

powerup

I'm with the opinion of Skippedover, crane operator dropped unit. I can not say that I have ever seen a unit start to droop, but hey, stranger things have happened.

Post Likes

Cool

Boys get your torches ready to light and your screw drivers ready to crape!
    That coil is going to pop.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by reepersteve View Post
    Boys get your torches ready to light and your screw drivers ready to crape!
    That coil is going to pop.

Hope not. Took my toe jack to the roof, lifted up each side slowly, inserted some 6X4's, let it settle down and I hope over some period of time the cabinet will sit straight again. It's drooped this way over a period of about 5 years. The other end is perfectly straight.

Post Likes
    Is that a Lennox RTU?

If it is, imagine if that was any other brand? Lennox metal is at least TWICE the gauge of almost any other Brand these days. Imagine if that was a POS Carrier installed like that?
    They wouldn't have been able to drive down the road before that biatch popped it's coil!

Post Likes
    There are 3 Lennox heat pumps on this roof all installed by a previous friend of mine as a referral. Mainly, I have had nothing but problems with all three systems. His install crew wired in the back-up heat thermostat lock outs in series with the electric heaters so that when the temperature -- on the roof -- got below 40 degrees the heaters came on, stayed on until the roof temp exceeded that 40 degree sitting. The heaters heated up the building to over 80 degrees at night which triggered the A/C on. So both were running at the same time.

The owner of the building said each units power bill went up $300 per unit for the previous 3 months before he told me of the problems. He did call the install contractor back a number of times only to be told they were working correctly by thier technician. Then he complained to Washington Energy Services who handles the credit, I think, who also told the owner that there was nothing wrong with the sytems.

I recommended heat pumps to him as a replacement of three 25 plus year old straight AC with electric heat as an energy saving measure. These Lennoxes also have economizers.

I'd show you guys some pictures of the total install which cost this owner $25K with a $5K credit through some kind of energy rebate. A year after these installs I replaced two units on a separate building next door just because I was ashamed of what the building owner went through including the cost.

I did it quick and easy with function in mind and not prettyness. The new three Lennox's installed by a large Lennox dealer...nothing but problems to date.

My cheap and easy Goodman and Rheem install....not one problem, not one call, nothing...they just sit there and work. And my cost was much less and much quicker then my contractor friend.

I'd show you the pictures but you guys would tear into me for months..and I wouldn't blame you. The thing is, sometimes the pretty things just don't work but the ugly things do. Lots of us guys on this board can relate to that statement. Can't always go by looks!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    There are 3 Lennox heat pumps on this roof all installed by a previous friend of mine as a referral. Mainly, I have had nothing but problems with all three systems. His install crew wired in the back-up heat thermostat lock outs in series with the electric heaters so that when the temperature -- on the roof -- got below 40 degrees the heaters came on, stayed on until the roof temp exceeded that 40 degree sitting. The heaters heated up the building to over 80 degrees at night which triggered the A/C on. So both were running at the same time.

The owner of the building said each units power bill went up $300 per unit for the previous 3 months before he told me of the problems. He did call the install contractor back a number of times only to be told they were working correctly by thier technician. Then he complained to Washington Energy Services who handles the credit, I think, who also told the owner that there was nothing wrong with the sytems.

I recommended heat pumps to him as a replacement of three 25 plus year old straight AC with electric heat as an energy saving measure. These Lennoxes also have economizers.

I'd show you guys some pictures of the total install which cost this owner $25K with a $5K credit through some kind of energy rebate. A year after these installs I replaced two units on a separate building next door just because I was ashamed of what the building owner went through including the cost.

I did it quick and easy with function in mind and not prettyness. The new three Lennox's installed by a large Lennox dealer...nothing but problems to date.

My cheap and easy Goodman and Rheem install....not one problem, not one call, nothing...they just sit there and work. And my cost was much less and much quicker then my contractor friend.

I'd show you the pictures but you guys would tear into me for months..and I wouldn't blame you. The thing is, sometimes the pretty things just don't work but the ugly things do. Lots of us guys on this board can relate to that statement. Can't always go by looks!
    Sorry Dude, for real, I,m, really sorry dude? When that thing pops, I will be playing the worlds smallest violin for you. Don't mean to be a a$$ O, but the other two are doing just fine. WTF POOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF
    And when when it does, you'll be the,"round mouth of the day". watch!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in