Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Far be it for me to defend us going to Iraq. I have stated that many times in the past and I don't approve of the PC way we are fighting the war and prosecuting our soldiers for making errors in judgement in critical situations.

Now that I have cleared the air I think and the majority of "Americans" believe that we cannot just pull out and leave it to Al Qaeda to kill off all those who oppose them.

We need to stay the course with less restrictions and less rules of engagement so we can save American as well as innocent Iraqi lives over there. We will have some collateral damage in the process but that is the price of war. That's my argument to the cut and run crowd.

We did that in Vietnam when we had the war practically won by the commie loving Democrats. They couldn't stand that so they sabotaged our efforts and then proceed to try and destroy the military and our intelligence organizations like the CIA, the NSA and all the military ones too. I don't like "repeat" performances by our commie Democrat "friends" and their supporters.

Sorry if I have ruffled a few feathers here but when I hear "cut and run" it is like waving a red flag in front of me. We did it to our ever ending disgrace in Nam. "Never again".
    I never stated we should cut and run. In fact, a few posts back I said that leaving right now would be bad. But we have to have an exit strategy at some point, and Bush doesn't seem to have one, he never did. And I ain't no democrat, but calling them commie lovers, well isn't that a little off? Just because someone opposes something, that doesn't mean they support the other side or our enemies. Are there Democrats that go to far in their support for those who oppose America? Yes. But there's Republicans that support our enemies with some of their policies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mhat View Post
    I never stated we should cut and run. In fact, a few posts back I said that leaving right now would be bad. But we have to have an exit strategy at some point, and Bush doesn't seem to have one, he never did. And I ain't no democrat, but calling them commie lovers, well isn't that a little off? Just because someone opposes something, that doesn't mean they support the other side or our enemies. Are there Democrats that go to far in their support for those who oppose America? Yes. But there's Republicans that support our enemies with some of their policies as well.
    That was my post, not sure why it's posted under someone elses name. Maybe we were trying to post at the same time and the site got em crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by mhat View Post

Air in your fourth post back you stated "Yeah, maybe I have a cut and run attitude, but so do most Americans at this point." So you have stated that and that is untrue that you never said it. That is what's got my goat.

Now for the Dems. the Democrats made sure we didn't win in Korea and in Nam and we were fighting communists both times. They opposed Regan when he pushed threw the stars wars program but fortunately the Democratic leadership didn't succeed because enough conservative Southern (at that time we still had a few) Democrats went with Regan and we won the first war against the commies and that was the cold war. Yes the Democratic Party is ran and controlled by commie lovers. That is to say not all of the folks who vote Democratic are but a lot of then are.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Hey Air311 .... I posted my opinion on the war last month .... but I will give you part of it just incase you are bored and need good reading ; )

Bush went into Iraq to get ridda some of the dirtbags who love to make bombs and kill innocent people of Israel , and sometimes the USA . Iraq may not be the biggest , but its breeding grounds for sure .

At the same time (although you will not read this in any newspaper) ... we are building several military bases in Iraq to prepare for invading IRAN if needed.

If you havent done your homework ... I will tell you why thats a good plan.

Iran is the head of the evil . The money maker for weapons . The breeding grounds and training headquarters for Alkaida.

Akmadinizod .... or however you spell his name ....is a friggin loonie . He loves to kill people , places , things .... anything for entertainment , specifically Jews . Well not really for entertainment , but it almost seems that way . He trains people to kill others who dont believe in His religion . Nice church to sign up with huh .

But anyhow .... we are there to protect oil reserves , chase out the bad guys , and help Iraq to establish a Democracy so they can have a government and grow to be something one day of peace and freedom .

The actual IDEA was .... to get Iraq up and running without a dictator in charge who likes to kill its own people for petty crimes ... so we took out Saddam and are trying to help them establish this new gov ... and then hopefully the people over the border in Iran would see how cool it was to have peace , freedom , no more killings , that they will start a revolution in their own country of Iran to be more like Iraq and live with freedom ( a Revolution is when the public gets so fed up with the gov .... they Riot and bring it down , demanding change )

But Im not all too sure the people of Iran are going to do such a thing . There are too many loonies willing to die there for 72 virgins . It would be a huge massacre if a revolution were started.

So ..... we find ourselves in quite a pickle now that we are there .

Hell we cant even chase the bad guys out of NY and Chicago , and Baltimore here dealing drugs and killing cops ! How the hell are we supposed to clean up 2 entire countries ? ? 300,000 miles away .....

Im curious however .... what would YOU do .... if you were suddenly commander and cheif ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Air in your fourth post back you stated "Yeah, maybe I have a cut and run attitude, but so do most Americans at this point." So you have stated that and that is untrue that you never said it. That is what's got my goat.

Now for the Dems. the Democrats made sure we didn't win in Korea and in Nam and we were fighting communists both times. They opposed Regan when he pushed threw the stars wars program but fortunately the Democratic leadership didn't succeed because enough conservative Southern (at that time we still had a few) Democrats went with Regan and we won the first war against the commies and that was the cold war. Yes the Democratic Party is ran and controlled by commie lovers. That is to say not all of the folks who vote Democratic are but a lot of then are.
    I didn't mean we should just pack up and leave Iraq, though I guess that's how it seems when you read it. My bad there. And again, I don't see where being against a certain military action makes anyone a commie supporter. But that's just me. And there's no such thing as a conservative in our government, they all want to spend spend spend. They may follow their partys line, at least publicly, on certain issues. But for the most part almost all politicians are greedy and corrupt, republicans and democrats.

Maybe this will give a little better idea about what debt is to a country instead of what debt is to a person.......We do owe a lot of money......we are owed a lot of money......that's how things work. So let's take a little look at what debt to GDP means

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...by_public_debt

Debt-To-GDP Ratio:

A measure of a country's federal debt in relation to its gross domestic product (GDP). By comparing what a country owes and what it produces, the debt-to-GDP ratio indicates the country's ability to pay back its debt. The ratio is a coverage ratio on a national level.

This measure gives an idea of the ability of a country to make future payments on its debt. If a country were unable to pay its debt, it would default, which could cause a panic in the domestic and international markets. The higher the debt-to-GDP ratio, the less likely the country will pay its debt back, and the higher its risk of default.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/debtgdpratio.asp

The wiki article is based on "The World Factbook (ISSN 1553-8133; also known as the CIA World Factbook)"

You always see the debt calculators going crazy where you can't even keep up it's going so fast......here is a more accurate debt calculator including debt to GDP ratio.....why are the percentage/ratios going down?

http://www.optimist123.com/optimist/...st_debt_c.html

I don't trust CNN as far as I can throw them and I even like that guy from the youtube video that was posted about my statement about debt.

Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    I didn't mean we should just pack up and leave Iraq, though I guess that's how it seems when you read it. My bad there. And again, I don't see where being against a certain military action makes anyone a commie supporter. But that's just me. And there's no such thing as a conservative in our government, they all want to spend spend spend. They may follow their partys line, at least publicly, on certain issues. But for the most part almost all politicians are greedy and corrupt, republicans and democrats.
    Allow me to say that I don't think all those who support the Democratic Party are commie lovers but the "history" of the Democratic politicians has been that of opposing us winning any and all conflicts with the communists as I pointed out earlier. That's why I believe that the Democratic Party loves the communists.

That I'd admit has nothing to do with Iraq other than the fact that they never want us to win any armed conflict with another country or organization unless it is right wing or conservative. LBJ and the Democrats
    in Congress supported the UN back in the 60's when their troops with our Air Force over through a pro Western coup in Katanga a providence in SE part of the Congo. Or when Carter helped throw out the pro US Dictator Samosa in Nicaragua and let the communists Sandinistas come to power. Carter refused him asylum even though he was a life long anti communist and supporter of the US. We could always count on their vote for our positions in the UN. He was then assassinated a year after his overthrow in Argentina.

There are other examples but suffice it to say that the Democrats support our enemies and are against our friends.
    Last edited by glennac; 02-26-2008 at 07:44 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I love it when Savage says Democrats have a mental disease .... thats great stuff right there

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    The wiki article is based on "The World Factbook (ISSN 1553-8133; also known as the CIA World Factbook)"
    CIA does not have the best track record, at least what they publish about here. It is actually comical, but then again we are not a military threat

So that means you disagree with the Debt-To-GDP Ratio?

no, it means, take everything you read with a grain of salt.

World fact book is not as accurate as one would think

I would never think of one source as the final word......If you look at that link with the debt to GDP ratio clock it is right on time with various other sources (from the net though) basically what I'm stating is........in Jan. of 2007 the ratio was about 66% the clock is showing less than 61%......the debt to GDP is going down. There are other sources on the (net) if you wish me to provide I will.

I know you can find anything to justify the means on the net but numbers as far as things like GDP and debt are hard to make up.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast