Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by finigan View Post
    im working on a pu24ek mr slim unit suction is 20psig and head pressure is 190psig did not do the piping plumber did and system is about 5 years old im thinking restricted liquid line or metering device and not sure if proper evac was ever done
    Just incase you have not figured it out yet...you have a restriction at the indoor unit.

Have you considered the LG Multi V PLUS II as an option? single outdoor unit will get you the tonnage you are looking for. the LATS software assists with indoor unit selection, pipe sizing, capacity based on indoor/outdoor conditions. LATS is the only software that I know of that you can import AutocAD drawings and get a drawing file and scale layout of the system. LG is a USGBC member. Multi V PLUS II is a two pipe system and the Multi V SYNC II is a three pipe system. Both offer a total equivalent pipe length of 3280', longest length being 738'. LG offers an array of indoor units that can be mix matched any way. (I have 4 cassettes, one surface mount, two wall mounts ((mirror and standard finish)), and a floor standing unit).
    Just another option to look at if you want to compare.

I would think about using the Mitsubishi City Multi line. Mitsubishi also has software that would help with the desing on the system such as line size and any additional fer charge that needs to be added when the system is complete so there are not any mishaps. Mitsubishi has wall mount, ceiling cassets, floor models, ducted (both low profile and standard)...just another option

Quote Originally Posted by glgto View Post
    Mitsu cant touch the heating capacity of Daikin especially in low temps. The a/c will run lower than the posted lockout temps also. Daikin is also the originator not the imitator. They are #2 in the world in hvac and if they gain 7% of the residential market they will surpass Carrier who is #1.

Mitu guys will tell you there box is better and less piping is req but it depends on the location. and yes no condensate line from daikins b.s boxes
    what about the Mitsu hyper heat system..they claim 100% heating capacity at 5 degrees. Do you know for a fact that Daikin puts out more btu's @ zero degrees than does mitsu? Please elaborate.
    the answers to the real questions are hidden from man.

Mitsubishi systems can output 130F discharge pipe temperature at the indoor units at 5FWB outdoor ambient. Outdoor unit can also operate at 100 percent COOLING capacity at minus -10FDB ambient. Ask your local distributor or email me I can help.
    John K. Chavez
    Technical Sales & Support

RSES Member
    NCI Certified
    NATE Certified (AD, HP, GH, AC)
    ASHRAE Member
    Mitsubishi Diamond Dealer and Designer

Quote Originally Posted by soleowner View Post
    Mitsubishi systems can output 130F discharge pipe temperature at the indoor units at 5FWB outdoor ambient. Outdoor unit can also operate at 100 percent COOLING capacity at minus -10FDB ambient. Ask your local distributor or email me I can help.

The P-Series Hyper Heat units are 100% at 5*F 87% at -4*F and the units guarantees heating operation as low as -13*F with a capacity of 76%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123